Heater Actuator

MadMick

I’m new to the club, and new to owning a Jeep, and I have an issue that I’m hoping someone who has built/rebuilt a Jeep might know how to get to the bottom of...all I can do is describe the scenario:

When I turn-on the heater in the cab, if I go over the second lowest fan setting (regardless of where I’m pointing the air) I hear what sounds like a vent slamming shut, the fan sounds like it’s starving for air, and I get no heat. I live in Calgary. It was -40–45C last night...follow me? Obviously I’m not working on the Jeep today, but Monday afternoon I should be in a warm shop. If anyone is familiar with the heater/vent system, I’m fairly confident that there is a pin missing or loose on a rotational actuator (probably from an electrical solenoid) that simply gets shut caused by the air flow from the fan. If anyone can maybe direct me to the heart of this problem, I would be very grateful. Time is of the essence and budget it stretched thin...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What Jeep would help. If it’s a tj the plastic arms that work on the vacuum operated system snap and doors go to their natural states. I have a stick shoved down my vent to hold the defrost flap open for winter. Don’t feel like taking entire dash off to replace the hvac box.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom