WA: PNW4WDA Trail Jam 2019 7/11-7/14

bhaner

Just a heads up for the NW folks. This is a fun event that some of you may be interested in!

Located just west of Naches, WA.

I am not affiliated with the PNW4WDA but I have been to this event the last few years.

Trails for anything from a stock Jeeps to full builds.

https://www.pnw4wda.org/trail_jamboree.php

JJ151

How does the JK perform with all the tight trails and trees. I was under the impression that trail width restrictions prohibited JK use of many of the trails. Your first hand experience is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

I just finished building my JK so I haven't had it over there yet.

I can tell you that there have been many JKU's on the trails over there in the past years.

The rules show width restrictions on a few trails. https://www.pnw4wda.org/trail_descriptions.php

I have a friend who has a JKU on 40's that is about 86" wide and was able to do everything but Rim Rock and Little Rattlesnake. I have done Rim Rock in a TJ on 35's and it was tight! Not sure I would want to take my JKU there.

I am at 88" wide so we will see how it goes!

JJ151

While I have not done the PNW4WDA event in Naches I did wheel in Rim Rock in my TJ as well and it is tight. Are the areas where JKU fit very interesting like Rim Rock. Any details would be helpful. Thanks!

bhaner

While I have not done the PNW4WDA event in Naches I did wheel in Rim Rock in my TJ as well and it is tight. Are the areas where JKU fit very interesting like Rim Rock. Any details would be helpful. Thanks!

Each trail over there has something to offer. Most have awesome views. Some have harder spots. Some have lots of logging roads.

Rim Rock is by far the most fun to wheel. It is also the tightest and most dangerous. Because of that they really restrict who can go. Cage is required. F/R lockers required. No exceptions anymore. I think I was the last to get by with the factory cage.

Next up was Rocky Saddle. Some good hill climbs. I am having trouble remembering if wide JKU's fit. I think they did. If it is wet lockers are required.

Naches trail is a good one. Some climbs and good views.

Kaner/Quarts and Shoestring/Kaner share some of the same trail sections. Good views and some tight spots to maneuver through.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Hoping I can make it out for this. Mine's going under the knife in the next week or two.

Brute

Hooked
Each trail over there has something to offer. Most have awesome views. Some have harder spots. Some have lots of logging roads.

Rim Rock is by far the most fun to wheel. It is also the tightest and most dangerous. Because of that they really restrict who can go. Cage is required. F/R lockers required. No exceptions anymore. I think I was the last to get by with the factory cage.

Next up was Rocky Saddle. Some good hill climbs. I am having trouble remembering if wide JKU's fit. I think they did. If it is wet lockers are required.

Naches trail is a good one. Some climbs and good views.

Kaner/Quarts and Shoestring/Kaner share some of the same trail sections. Good views and some tight spots to maneuver through.

I’m going to be in WA during this time and would like to go...you get your rig figured out?

bhaner

I’m going to be in WA during this time and would like to go...you get your rig figured out?

Yep! Got a good test in this week at Sand Hollow.

60316856_10157237972356703_2603091910448906240_o.jpg

I will be at trail Jamboree but I got talked into hosting some trails.

The trails I will be hosting are not anything really exciting.

Get signed up for trails like Rocky Saddle, Naches trail, Shoestring Kaner, Kaner Quarts, etc. Those are the fun ones.

Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks are neat as well. But a short day.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Yep! Got a good test in this week at Sand Hollow.

View attachment 327158

I will be at trail Jamboree but I got talked into hosting some trails.

The trails I will be hosting are not anything really exciting.

Get signed up for trails like Rocky Saddle, Naches trail, Shoestring Kaner, Kaner Quarts, etc. Those are the fun ones.

Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks are neat as well. But a short day.

What was the problem?

Top Bottom