Best programer for a 2017 JK Rubicon.

wibornz

Looking for a programmer for a 17 Rubicon so I can adjust the speedo for tires and use lockers in 4 hi.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I use the AEV procal for my Jeep, but I don’t think it messes with lockers. (I don’t have lockers so I wouldn’t know)

MericaMade

Looking for a programmer for a 17 Rubicon so I can adjust the speedo for tires and use lockers in 4 hi.

When you say programmer do you want engine power performance changes or just the ability to change tire size and have 4Hi locker options? I went with the the TrailCal touch screen that gives you a ton on features but dose not have performance tunes. If you want performance tunes you need to unlock or swap your PCM.

wibornz

mainly want to be able to change tire size and use lockers in 4h. Anything beyond that would just be extra.

sm31

I have no first hand experience with this product yet, so I was hesitant to post here but I wanted to post it here for the sake of discussion. I recently downloaded the "OBD JScan" app from the Google Play Store. It's a jeep-specific programmer app for your phone. I ordered a bluetooth OBD2 adapter, and it should be here within a few days. IF (big if) it works as indicated then I'll have some fantastic functionality for about a $50 total investment. Features include everything from idle rpm to speedo adjustment and the backup camera function... and several others

But again, I have NOT personally used the product yet, other than to download it and play with the demo. I will be testing within the next several days (as soon as my bluetooth adapter arrives).

MericaMade

mainly want to be able to change tire size and use lockers in 4h. Anything beyond that would just be extra.
Both of the Trail Cal and Flash Cal will do what you need. I have the Trail Cal and love the fact that you can lock the lockers in 4-wheel high and the rear in 2 wheel drive with the a simple touch of the screen. You can integrate lights to the toggle switches on the screen, it gives you roll and pitch meters and lets you monitor everything in your Jeep. You can also wire a front-facing camera up to it if you wanted to. It does tire sizing, gear ratio, and a bunch of other features.

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I have no first hand experience with this product yet, so I was hesitant to post here but I wanted to post it here for the sake of discussion. I recently downloaded the "OBD JScan" app from the Google Play Store. It's a jeep-specific programmer app for your phone. I ordered a bluetooth OBD2 adapter, and it should be here within a few days. IF (big if) it works as indicated then I'll have some fantastic functionality for about a $50 total investment. Features include everything from idle rpm to speedo adjustment and the backup camera function... and several others

But again, I have NOT personally used the product yet, other than to download it and play with the demo. I will be testing within the next several days (as soon as my bluetooth adapter arrives).

I’ve had a licensed JScan app and wireless adapter for a few days now and all I can say is wow! I just reprogramed my TMPS which is usually illuminated all winter. I also made a few other changes. I think we should start a thread because this could save people a pile of money if all they have are basic programming needs.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I got the licensed app last week hoping to change my tpms and tire and gear size. Only to find out via Jscans website that my 2008 Jeep is too old. Most actual programming features are only available for 2012 an newer I believe.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I got the licensed app last week hoping to change my tpms and tire and gear size. Only to find out via Jscans website that my 2008 Jeep is too old. Most actual programming features are only available for 2012 an newer I believe.

Did you look in the app? Looks like those items should be supported 07 to 18. Also the app was just updated yesterday or so. It might be worth another look. Admittedly, it seems to be a work in progress.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Did you look in the app? Looks like those items should be supported 07 to 18. Also the app was just updated yesterday or so. It might be worth another look. Admittedly, it seems to be a work in progress.

I tried it and it wouldn’t work. But yeah I see my app updated today and it says TPMS will work on all JKs now. Which is my main reason for doing it, to get the stupid light off. I’ll mess with it again tomorrow.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I tried it and it wouldn’t work. But yeah I see my app updated today and it says TPMS will work on all JKs now. Which is my main reason for doing it, to get the stupid light off. I’ll mess with it again tomorrow.

Good luck! I was able to reprogram my TPMS today, which I couldn’t a couple of days ago on my 2016 JKU.

I was looking at getting the Trail Cal the other day. Do you like all the functionality? I don't really care about tuning.
When you say programmer do you want engine power performance changes or just the ability to change tire size and have 4Hi locker options? I went with the the TrailCal touch screen that gives you a ton on features but dose not have performance tunes. If you want performance tunes you need to unlock or swap your PCM.

MericaMade

I was looking at getting the Trail Cal the other day. Do you like all the functionality? I don't really care about tuning.

Love it. The simple click of the screen to use lockers in 4HI or rear in 2wd is awesome. Having toggle switch built in for light is nice, and all the other features for tire size, gears works perfect for me. I have a Rubicon so you need to take that into account for the lockers and sway discount light and you can turn off TPMS if you wants.

Top Bottom