Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

Fresh Catch
    I followed up with the developer to see it the traction control could be completely disabled. They’re looking into it now

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reywcms View Post
    I followed up with the developer to see it the traction control could be completely disabled. They’re looking into it now
    Send him this:
    1Capture.PNG
    http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/el...ontrol-system/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seahawkfan; 04-01-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Fresh Catch
    10-4! I forwarded that info to him

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reywcms View Post
    10-4! I forwarded that info to him
    LOL I was kidding. It was more for you.

Fresh Catch

Melt housing

When setting the drl to turn signal, both filaments light. The heat will melt your turn signal housing. (If they are regular turn signal bulbs, not LED).

When you need to change the bulb you can’t cause the housing will be melted.

I learned the hard way.

QUOTE=sipafz;1120070]I took another look at the DRL and found that I did change the setting yesterday. I didn’t see the change because I had the parking brake on, so thanks to BaddestCross for the heads up on that!

I choose the “Turn Signal DRL” and found that the front signal light is very bright, just like when the signal if flashing.

DRL:

Attachment 322534

I thought it would be more like the parking light brightness.

Parking light:

Attachment 322535

I guess it makes sense that you would want the light to be brighter and more visible for safety, but can the bulb handle the additional amps on a continuous basis? I guess time will tell.

This DRL mode also turns on the tail lights. The side marker lights remain off, so maybe having a “parking light” option that would add the side marker lights would be a better approach?

If I have bulb problems, I will ask the developer to look into the parking light possibility.[/QUOTE]

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

Quote Originally Posted by John fecina View Post
    When setting the drl to turn signal, both filaments light. The heat will melt your turn signal housing. (If they are regular turn signal bulbs, not LED).

When you need to change the bulb you can’t cause the housing will be melted.

I learned the hard way.
    Thanks for the heads up! It’s been a month so I will check that out.

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

Regarding DRL Turn Signal Option, I did check on my front turn signal housings and found that the plastic was discolored:

IMG_9010.jpg

Now I can’t say if the discoloration is from the extra heat from the bulb being at 100% brightness continuously, because I didn’t check it before hand, but I’m not taking any chances. I switched my DRL to the fog light option and contacted the JScan developer to see if the previous option can be changed to parking light brightness.

I previously reported that the tail lights were active with the DRL, but that was not the case today. I could swear that they were on when I messed with it a month ago .

On a separate note, I tore into the wife’s KK and checked that her radio had a receptacle for a backup camera harness:

IMG_9009.jpg

It did so I purchased a second license for JScan, enabled the backup camera, purchased a camera and harness from Amazon and enabled her fog lights as DRL.

Guess I'm a little late to this party but this is awesome! I've currently got the app working on my phone, going to try and see if it works via an android head unit. The head unit tends to give fits with certain apps, but if I can get it working, it'd be a slick setup!

You guys got me on the wagon also. Amazon says the OBD2 will be here Friday so I can finally get the flashing sway bar light gone on the cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm interested to play around with the new "Trail View" mode. It looks really interesting.

Also appears that the sway bar can be disconnected & lockers engaged when not in 4LO. I can't think of a scenario where I'd want to engage the lockers in 4HI but it would be nice to disconnect the sway bar for some higher speed (but not too fast) trail runs.

I love the fact that this thing is still being actively developed! I'm guessing it could command a higher price point in the near future as well...

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast