Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    I see that you enabled the backup camera. Do you have one installed and can you confirm that it works?

Ive been thinking about ordering one.
    I don't have the camera installed yet but when I put the jeep in reverse the radio display changes, and the message "check entire surroundings" appears for several seconds at the top. I can't say for sure yet but it looks like it should work. If so, that alone pays for this little project.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ151 View Post
    Do you know if you can disable the ESC (electronic stability control) on 2016 and newer JK? The only thing I have found is to replace the PCM with an aftermarket unlocked (unencrypted) PCM.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Mine is a 2011 so I don't know how it may be different, if at all. It looks like you can turn on/off basically everything on the PCM. However, I don't know what most of the functionality is. I plan to do some serious research before trying much.

Specifically, there is a "traction control outlet valve..." 1 and 2 that can be disabled but I don't know whether that would affect the antilock brakes or whether that is even ESC related.

JScan has included some "canned" functions (like the backup camera) but ESC is not on the list. Since the guy is still developing it, might be a good one to request.

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Seems cool. I like the rear view camera turn on feature. I’ll have to check out the app.

"all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

Quote Originally Posted by JJ151 View Post
    Do you know if you can disable the ESC (electronic stability control) on 2016 and newer JK? The only thing I have found is to replace the PCM with an aftermarket unlocked (unencrypted) PCM.

As mentioned by sm31, the ECS can’t be disabled with this app, at this time. The developer can be reached via Facebook Messenger and has been responsive to my questions. Sounds like Trailhunter has a simple solution for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    I don't have the camera installed yet but when I put the jeep in reverse the radio display changes, and the message "check entire surroundings" appears for several seconds at the top. I can't say for sure yet but it looks like it should work. If so, that alone pays for this little project.
    I agree and I’m going to be looking into adding one!

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    When I go to the sand Dunes I simply pull out the J6 fuse.
    Perfect! Does this fuse control anything else or just the ESC?

Just got a note from the developer... he's working on the ECS right now. Hopefully it'll show up soon.

Awesome App and works perfect with my OBDlinx LX bt adapter. Shit I can even replace my procal. It does everything it did plus more. I love how you can enable/disable circuits also. Cant afford a DRB III tool but this got me a lil closer with diag. Thanks for the heads up on this one! Its legit

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    Just got a note from the developer... he's working on the ECS right now. Hopefully it'll show up soon.
    Awesome! Thanks for the update!!

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

I asked the developer about having the fog lights remain on when the bright lights are on. This was in the app prior to the last update. I tried it a few days ago, but it did not take. The developer got back to me and said that they are working on it, but wasn’t sure if they could do it at this time.

On another note, I tried to activate DRL or daytime running lights. I tried all the options, but no joy. Please let me know your results.

Lastly, I activated the backup camera. This worked and now I get a black screen that says “Check Entire Surroundings” when I’m in reverse. Thinking about this camera with night vision LED’s for $11.99 - 5% from Amazon:

IMG_8432.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    On another note, I tried to activate DRL or daytime running lights. I tried all the options, but no joy. Please let me know your results
    I installed it and tried it out this morn. I set my DRL to low beams and they work when I put the vehicle in drive. TBH, I didnt even realize I had DRL's on the damn thing lol. The fog light trick would be nice especially for guys like me that still have factory candlelights 😁

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast