Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

I got the Vgate iCar Pro BLE 4.0 and downloaded the Jscan app... one license for 16.99 and everything went Smooth... Sway Bar Light is OFF! Cool App and easy to use. And now I can move forward with a cheap back up camera setup. Bummer I already bought the superchips...

I noticed an option to enable the handsfree bluetooth.... I really don't care about the phone part of it... but I really wish I could play music from my phone through the bluetooth... the only bluetooth module I see for sale is the Mopar kit which comes with all the headset shit for $390..... does anyone know of a stand alone bluetooth module that will allow the phone to connect to the radio??
    Last edited by TrailHunter; 08-12-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    I got the Vgate iCar Pro BLE 4.0 and downloaded the Jscan app... one license for 16.99 and everything went Smooth... Sway Bar Light is OFF! Cool App and easy to use. And now I can move forward with a cheap back up camera setup. Bummer I already bought the superchips...

I noticed an option to enable the handsfree bluetooth.... I really don't care about the phone part of it... but I really wish I could play music from my phone through the bluetooth... the only bluetooth module I see for sale is the Mopar kit which comes with all the headset shit for $390..... does anyone know of a stand alone bluetooth module that will allow the phone to connect to the radio??
    This dongle works great! I also use it on my PlayFi speakers at home as sometimes I want to stream from youtube instead of the loaded services.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JBLGLB..._YFSuDb3JTBCBP

Fresh Catch
    Thanks for this comment. I had fears they wouldn't play well together so did not get this app. Now i will have to take another look at it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ajkaz View Post
    This dongle works great! I also use it on my PlayFi speakers at home as sometimes I want to stream from youtube instead of the loaded services.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JBLGLB..._YFSuDb3JTBCBP
    I have a compact one that plugs into the usb port and the aux right below it... but I shouldn’t need a F’n Dongle on a 40k vehicle in 2017.

I'm so glad I found this thread! I've had 35s on my jk for a couple of years now and thought a $200ish procal or something similar was my only option. This scanner

Veepeak Mini Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner OBD II Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for Android & Windows, Check Engine Light Code Reader, Supports Torque Pro, OBD Fusion, DashCommand, Car Scanner App https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011NSX27A..._nZyyDbR00D40J

And 20.99 vin license later I have an awesome tool! Took about 5 minutes to fix the speedometer and set up my fog lights to stay on with my brights. This app awesome! Just another reason I love this forum. Thanks guys and gals!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Does anyone know if the OBD JScan will turn off the flashing sway bar light? I bought the superchips because I thought it did... but nope... and I don’t want to spend another 100 bucks on the AEV procal.... and I’d like to remove the black piece of felt I have covering the light. Lol
    Yes. The video on their FB site shows how.
    Last edited by wcrosman; 10-25-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Fresh Catch

Daytime Running Lights

I have used Jscan for awhile now and everything seems to work well except DRL. I have a 2012 JK and have tried virtually every DRL setting to no avail to activate them. Has anybody had success with this?

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

Quote Originally Posted by wcrosman View Post
    I have used Jscan for awhile now and everything seems to work well except DRL. I have a 2012 JK and have tried virtually every DRL setting to no avail to activate them. Has anybody had success with this?
    All settings worked for me on my 2016 JKU & 2011 KK. Remember that DRL’s are only active when the transmission is in gear and parking brake off.

Welcome to WAYALIFE! Stop by the wave thread and introduce yourself.

Give us a Wave
    https://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    Last edited by sipafz; 10-25-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo21 View Post
    I have the flashcal and will prob just reset to factory and use the JScan. I spent about an hour last night going through all the options and see no reason to keep the flashcal. It is al little easier with the flashcal but everything that can be changed can be found somewhere in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was looking at the flashcal and it’s priced at $200. I’m looking to put in an air intake, suspension and possible exhaust. Right now I just switched to 33s and need to adjust the tire size. I was told with the flashcal you have to have your computer in your Jeep shipped out to be unlocked. Is there a huge difference from the app and the flashcal to make it worth paying the $200?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by vasquez27 View Post
    I was looking at the flashcal and it’s priced at $200. I’m looking to put in an air intake, suspension and possible exhaust. Right now I just switched to 33s and need to adjust the tire size. I was told with the flashcal you have to have your computer in your Jeep shipped out to be unlocked. Is there a huge difference from the app and the flashcal to make it worth paying the $200?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I think the flashcal has less options then the JScan. No way it’s worth that much more to just change some basic settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast