Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

OBD JScan is a smart phone app that when coupled with a wireless adapter give you the ability to read trouble code and other things, like many other available apps. What makes this app different is the fact that it allows you to make changes to the ECU and save them!

I stumbled across this app the other day when another member on this site mentioned that he was able to reprogram his new tire size using this app. This sparked my curiosity and began researching the possibility.

I started by downloading the “free” app and did some browsing with some demo data stored within the app. It looked promising so I purchased a middle of the road WiFi OBDII Adapter from Amazon for $26.

IMG_8411.JPG

A couple of days later I plugged it in and connected my iPhone 6s. Once that was completed I opened the app and learned that you have to purchase a license so you can register your VIN. This cost me $15 for a single license. Once that was settled I was able to connect to the ECU, view all the normal feedback data and get into making some changes.

I started with some simple things like one touch all doors unlock and disabling the horn report when remote locking. Now I could have done this with the dash and steering controls, but I just wanted to see how it worked. Next I wanted to take care of one of my pet peeves, the TPMS light. I keep my tires at 30psi and my light comes on at 28psi. In the winter time, my light is on the entire season so I was really excited to make this change, but when I looked closer at the app I noticed that it only supported 07 to 15 Wranglers. Mine is a 2016 - damit! Not to be discouraged, I contacted the developer and got a response that the app was updated to include 16 - 18 JKs and should be released in a day or so.

My app updated overnight and I was able to reprogram the TPMS target to 30psi and indicator light to 24psi. After a cycle of the key the system showed the new target and a second cycle turned my indicator light off. That alone was worth the $41 invested and I’m a happy camper!

Here are some screen shots of the supported vehicles and programming options

IMG_8419.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg

IMG_8421.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

IMG_8423.jpg

IMG_8424.jpg

IMG_8425.jpg

I hope you find this to be as interesting as I did.
    Last edited by sipafz; 03-08-2019 at 07:17 PM.

You beat me by one day!

My bluetooth adapter arrived in the mail today & I've been playing with the demo app for about a week. If it really works as advertised (and it seems like it does!) then I will have saved some serious time & money!!

Thank you for the write up!!

PS: here is a pic of the adapter I ordered. I don't know much about them so my selection process was pretty random. Hopefully it won't blow up the Jeep.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just downloaded the app a few minutes ago. Thanks for the adaptor recommendation.

The developer does have a post on their website and Facebook page that list known adapters that will not work with the app. Subsequently, they also recommend adapters that have be tested. The one that I posted was recommended by another member, billallen who had success with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    The developer does have a post on their website and Facebook page that list known adapters that will not work with the app. Subsequently, they also recommend adapters that have be tested. The one that I posted was recommended by another member, billallen who had success with it.
    Did you happen to notice if they mentioned this working for the JL/JT or a future update for those models?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Did you happen to notice if they mentioned this working for the JL/JT or a future update for those models?
    As of right now no mention of the JL or JT.

Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    I received my bluetooth OBD2 adapter in the mail a bit ago. Purchased the app ($20), plugged in the adapter, and had everything working within 5 minutes. So, the "Veepeak" can be added to the list of working adapters.

Played with the idle speed & daytime running lights for kicks, enabled the backup camera, and reduced the psi for the TPMS sensors.

There is a lot more functionality that I don't understand yet but I couldn't be happier so far.
    I see that you enabled the backup camera. Do you have one installed and can you confirm that it works?

Ive been thinking about ordering one.

OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

Do you know if you can disable the ESC (electronic stability control) on 2016 and newer JK? The only thing I have found is to replace the PCM with an aftermarket unlocked (unencrypted) PCM.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JJ151 View Post
    Do you know if you can disable the ESC (electronic stability control) on 2016 and newer JK? The only thing I have found is to replace the PCM with an aftermarket unlocked (unencrypted) PCM.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    When I go to the sand Dunes I simply pull out the J6 fuse.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast