Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

Quote Originally Posted by CapnMericaMyCopilot View Post
    one of the times I turned vehicle off/ on it struggled and wouldn’t turn over.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Sounds like a battery issue or bad terminal connection. I would start with that.

Been Around the Block CapnMericaMyCopilot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Sounds like a battery issue or bad terminal connection. I would start with that.
    Yeah I’m hoping to tackle it and at least eliminate a few possibilities tomorrow. I’ve also been pointed towards a possible bad clockspring but not sure how to confirm or not.

Was wondering if anyone using can tell me if “stored” means the error is current or not. I cleared and it came back but still as stored.
    I have noticed that too. I believe they are there for "historical" context. I've noticed a few stored codes but none are currently active. What I don't know is how to clear the stored codes... if I want to.

Nothing on the dash but the Jeep decided to lose power (electrical) at a red light. Pulled into parking lot and traction control light was still on. Went away when I restarted it but ran scan when I got to work. Tried to replicate the problem and couldn’t but then one of the times I turned vehicle off/ on it struggled and wouldn’t turn over.

When mine did that, it was the negative terminal that was loose. I tapped it down on the terminal before tightening it and it sat down about 1/8” more on the terminal and was tighter than it ever had been

Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    I have noticed that too. I believe they are there for "historical" context. I've noticed a few stored codes but none are currently active. What I don't know is how to clear the stored codes... if I want to.
    I messaged the developer and he said to go into the modules (?) to try clearing the stored ones that won’t leave. Have yet to try but it also will let me check the SAS angle to see if that’s the issue

I messaged the developer and he said to go into the modules (?) to try clearing the stored ones that won’t leave. Have yet to try but it also will let me check the SAS angle to see if that’s the issue
    Hmmm... I don't really understand that either. But I'm not near my Jeep at the moment. In demo mode the Modules just display information about each particular component. Guess I'll go back in there and see if anything additional pops up for the stored codes but at this point the Modules look purely informational.

Quote Originally Posted by sm31 View Post
    Hmmm... I don't really understand that either. But I'm not near my Jeep at the moment. In demo mode the Modules just display information about each particular component. Guess I'll go back in there and see if anything additional pops up for the stored codes but at this point the Modules look purely informational.
    Was able to get into them and let’s you scan for codes. Funny thing is nothing popped up for that stored code.

Got the backup camera installed into the Wife’s KK:

IMG_9229.jpg

IMG_9230.jpg

IMG_9231.jpg

Would’ve thought that she’d be more excited, but it was more like “glad you’re done, you grilling dinner now”.

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Got the backup camera installed into the Wife’s KK:

IMG_9229.jpg

IMG_9230.jpg

IMG_9231.jpg

Would’ve thought that she’d be more excited, but it was more like “glad you’re done, you grilling dinner now”.
    Looks good. That’s on my list to do on my wife’s Commander. I just need to verify the radio has the right connection.

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    Looks good. That’s on my list to do on my wife’s Commander. I just need to verify the radio has the right connection.
    I did the same. Always fun to rip the dash apart twice. It wasn’t bad as I’m becoming a pro at it.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast