Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprintex Supercharger Intalled

Quote Originally Posted by JKU RIPP Supercharged View Post
    Superchargers are a tuff sell in this forum!! Believe me I know! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I know right, I should have spent the extra 20k on a LS motor.

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by feederic View Post
    LOL.

$1k for a regear? BS.
    They go for 1200 here. Sounds reasonable. Back to the point if op was like yeah I want more power so I got this supercharger, cool beans. Claiming itís a better deal then regearing when it costs more than TJ, thaaats not gonna fly. Having Driven forced induction jeeps I know it can easily make up the gap between gear ratios when upgrading tires. But better deal then gears? No. Glad youíre happy with it.

Sprintex Supercharger Intalled

LOL.

$1k for a regear? BS.
    Regearing at ORE

Image1552159779.625706.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    They go for 1200 here. Sounds reasonable. Back to the point if op was like yeah I want more power so I got this supercharger, cool beans. Claiming itís a better deal then regearing when it costs more than TJ, thaaats not gonna fly. Having Driven forced induction jeeps I know it can easily make up the gap between gear ratios when upgrading tires. But better deal then gears? No. Glad youíre happy with it.
    Claiming you can find a TJ for $4300, thaaaats not going to fly.

Missed the part where he said it was the same as a regear lol. Not sure where you got that number from unless that regear is including brand new axles Lmfao

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread

Better deal than regearing? Someone tell me where I said that.

I just said Iím glad I went this route before regearing. Once I go 37s, Iíll reevaluate.

Caught the Bug
    Better deal than regearing? Someone tell me where I said that.

Currently I am on 35s with 3.73 gears, and the Socal hills cause me to shift down into 4th and 3rd quite often. During certain stretches of freeway going to vegas, the jeep is literally in 2nd gear just to keep up at 60 MPH for an uncomfortable amount of time.

I do know that gears would certainly help, but for the price difference of gears vs a sprintex I decided to try the supercharger first and then see if I wanted gears afterwards. Plus, sprintex offers excellent rebates on the order of $750-$1k several times a year, and that combined with a vendor coupon I made out with quite a good discount on the kit overall. I paid ballpark $4400 for the regular sprintex kit after the rebate and discounts.
    Pretty much right there man. $4400 is almost 4 times more than a regear. My last Jeep was $1,150 for 3.21->4.88 (that's a new carrier too). If you're happy with your choice, great. I would have re-geared first and saved $3k and saw what that did for me. My JK is VERY peppy with 4.88's and 37's. But to each his own.
    2017 White JK : (build thread)
    Synergy 3"/2", Dynatrack Trail Leader Package
    MCE Fenders, 10th Anniversary Hood
    ATX Slabs, Nitto Trail Grappler 37's
    Shrock Works Front Middy, LoD Destroyer Rear
    Genright Sliders, Warn VR12-S ,

Oh yeah, and VENGEANCE.

Fresh Catch
    -I've had a couple axle sets regeared in OC both under $1k OTD.

-The gears would have made a far more significant difference in off the line acceleration than the S/C has. With 4.88's you'd be perfectly geared for NA or boost even up to 37's.

-I have a Ripp on my 07 and I hate what it did to the cruise control, I'm interested in feedback on the drive ability of your Sprintex. How well does it drive normally at light and moderate throttle on flat roads. Any surging? Hows the cruise control working up grades and on flat roads?

I am considering one for my 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrin View Post
    Pretty much right there man. $4400 is almost 4 times more than a regear. My last Jeep was $1,150 for 3.21->4.88 (that's a new carrier too). If you're happy with your choice, great. I would have re-geared first and saved $3k and saw what that did for me. My JK is VERY peppy with 4.88's and 37's. But to each his own.
    I understand those numbers if you can pull that deal off without a penny more.

But, Iím in SoCal and ORE is the best deal by around $700. I canít instantly teleport myself there and have someone drive me around for free.

ORE told me they would need two weeks. Factor in rental car for two weeks, and the $1200 I would lose taking two days off of work to drive up there twice and the numbers look VERY different. The difference is cut well in half id imagine.

My local shop was nice enough to loan me a car, and was within lunch break distance.
    Last edited by feederic; 03-09-2019 at 09:12 PM.

LOL.

$1k for a regear? BS.
    Guess they raised the price by $350.

IMG_7464.jpg

I would rather regear three times before wasting that kind of money on a supercharger.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 JK
    1975 DJ5

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast