Sprintex Supercharger Intalled

fiend

Caught the Bug
Cool.

One thing though, unless things have changed, the Sprintex S.C. is not CARB approved, meaning you can’t register your Jeep in California.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Gears would have been less than half that price and would have improved your situation. For 4400 that seems like a waste... I would have saved a few more bucks and gone with the dynatrac trail leader package with 4.88 or 5.13 gears and improved my ride and the strength, especially since you have a D30 up front.

feederic

Gears would have been less than half that price and would have improved your situation. For 4400 that seems like a waste... I would have saved a few more bucks and gone with the dynatrac trail leader package with 4.88 or 5.13 gears and improved my ride and the strength, especially since you have a D30 up front.

I have a D44 up front. Besides, better axles and a slight regear are in my future anyways.

There is no gear set in the world that can provide the performance gains I have without jacking the engine rpm through the roof.

LOL.

$1k for a regear? BS.

They go for 1200 here. Sounds reasonable. Back to the point if op was like yeah I want more power so I got this supercharger, cool beans. Claiming it’s a better deal then regearing when it costs more than TJ, thaaats not gonna fly. Having Driven forced induction jeeps I know it can easily make up the gap between gear ratios when upgrading tires. But better deal then gears? No. Glad you’re happy with it.

Benito

Caught the Bug
They go for 1200 here. Sounds reasonable. Back to the point if op was like yeah I want more power so I got this supercharger, cool beans. Claiming it’s a better deal then regearing when it costs more than TJ, thaaats not gonna fly. Having Driven forced induction jeeps I know it can easily make up the gap between gear ratios when upgrading tires. But better deal then gears? No. Glad you’re happy with it.

Claiming you can find a TJ for $4300, thaaaats not going to fly.

longarmwj

Missed the part where he said it was the same as a regear lol. Not sure where you got that number from unless that regear is including brand new axles Lmfao

feederic

Better deal than regearing? Someone tell me where I said that.

I just said I’m glad I went this route before regearing. Once I go 37s, I’ll reevaluate.

Torrin

Better deal than regearing? Someone tell me where I said that.

Currently I am on 35s with 3.73 gears, and the Socal hills cause me to shift down into 4th and 3rd quite often. During certain stretches of freeway going to vegas, the jeep is literally in 2nd gear just to keep up at 60 MPH for an uncomfortable amount of time.

I do know that gears would certainly help, but for the price difference of gears vs a sprintex I decided to try the supercharger first and then see if I wanted gears afterwards. Plus, sprintex offers excellent rebates on the order of $750-$1k several times a year, and that combined with a vendor coupon I made out with quite a good discount on the kit overall. I paid ballpark $4400 for the regular sprintex kit after the rebate and discounts.

Pretty much right there man. $4400 is almost 4 times more than a regear. My last Jeep was $1,150 for 3.21->4.88 (that's a new carrier too). If you're happy with your choice, great. I would have re-geared first and saved $3k and saw what that did for me. My JK is VERY peppy with 4.88's and 37's. But to each his own.

Ajkaz

-I've had a couple axle sets regeared in OC both under $1k OTD.

-The gears would have made a far more significant difference in off the line acceleration than the S/C has. With 4.88's you'd be perfectly geared for NA or boost even up to 37's.

-I have a Ripp on my 07 and I hate what it did to the cruise control, I'm interested in feedback on the drive ability of your Sprintex. How well does it drive normally at light and moderate throttle on flat roads. Any surging? Hows the cruise control working up grades and on flat roads?

I am considering one for my 2012.

feederic

Pretty much right there man. $4400 is almost 4 times more than a regear. My last Jeep was $1,150 for 3.21->4.88 (that's a new carrier too). If you're happy with your choice, great. I would have re-geared first and saved $3k and saw what that did for me. My JK is VERY peppy with 4.88's and 37's. But to each his own.

I understand those numbers if you can pull that deal off without a penny more.

But, I’m in SoCal and ORE is the best deal by around $700. I can’t instantly teleport myself there and have someone drive me around for free.

ORE told me they would need two weeks. Factor in rental car for two weeks, and the $1200 I would lose taking two days off of work to drive up there twice and the numbers look VERY different. The difference is cut well in half id imagine.

My local shop was nice enough to loan me a car, and was within lunch break distance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom