Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 141

Thread: Sprintex Supercharger Intalled

  1. #1
    Hooked feederic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    136

    Intalled

    Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by feederic; 08-20-2019 at 02:32 AM. Reason: update

  2. #2
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,581
    Cool.

    One thing though, unless things have changed, the Sprintex S.C. is not CARB approved, meaning you can’t register your Jeep in California.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #3
    Hooked feederic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Cool.

    One thing though, unless things have changed, the Sprintex S.C. is not CARB approved, meaning you can’t register your Jeep in California.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    This kit is carb approved, under CARB EO D-695-1.

    The SPS kit is not.

  4. #4
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by feederic View Post
    This kit is carb approved, under CARB EO D-695-1.

    The SPS kit is not.
    Great. When I looked into it a few years ago Sprintex was not carb approved.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    Old Timer longarmwj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    3,660
    Interesting. How’s the supercharger whine? I know that’s the biggest complaint here about them is the constant noise they make


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

  6. #6
    Old Timer TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,897

    Sprintex Supercharger Intalled

    Gears would have been less than half that price and would have improved your situation. For 4400 that seems like a waste... I would have saved a few more bucks and gone with the dynatrac trail leader package with 4.88 or 5.13 gears and improved my ride and the strength, especially since you have a D30 up front.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #7
    Hooked feederic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Gears would have been less than half that price and would have improved your situation. For 4400 that seems like a waste... I would have saved a few more bucks and gone with the dynatrac trail leader package with 4.88 or 5.13 gears and improved my ride and the strength, especially since you have a D30 up front.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

    I have a D44 up front. Besides, better axles and a slight regear are in my future anyways.

    There is no gear set in the world that can provide the performance gains I have without jacking the engine rpm through the roof.

  8. #8
    Caught the Bug JKU RIPP Supercharged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by feederic View Post
    I have a D44 up front. Besides, better axles and a slight regear are in my future anyways.

    There is no gear set in the world that can provide the performance gains I have without jacking the engine rpm through the roof.
    Superchargers are a tuff sell in this forum!! Believe me I know! Lmao


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #9
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,199

    Sprintex Supercharger Intalled

    You spent $3400 more than a rehear. That is not in the same cost range and not “just a little more”. Fucking stupid.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  10. #10
    Hooked feederic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You spent $3400 more than a rehear. That is not in the same cost range and not “just a little more”. Fucking stupid.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    LOL.

    $1k for a regear? BS.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sprintex supercharger
    By cidgreen in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-18-2017, 10:40 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2017, 06:31 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2017, 07:30 PM
  4. 2016 SEMA : Sprintex Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited
    By wayoflife in forum 2016 SEMA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 09:06 PM
  5. FEELER for sale Northeast. Sprintex supercharger
    By barno92 in forum FOR SALE (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2014, 02:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS