Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axle Ukgrades

Axle Ukgrades

Looking to upgrade the front axle on my 07 JK. Eventual goal is 4.56 gears as I want to move to LS Swap. Currently running Dana 30/44 with 5.13 on 37s. Any used market for axles to avoid spending an arm and a leg? Anyone willing to sell F/R rubicon axles as a set?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to Wayalife. Might want to introduce yourself before you start the buying and selling stuff posts. FWIW run it as is until it breaks and save save save. If you wheel hard at all or plan to your going to want axles too.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Welcome to Wayalife. Might want to introduce yourself before you start the buying and selling stuff posts. FWIW run it as is until it breaks and save save save. If you wheel hard at all or plan to your going to want axles too.

Good advice. It’s gonna break soon, running 37s on 5.13s with a Dana 30.

Okay not trying to start a buy/sell me post more just looking at what you all recommend for axles going to an LS Swap. Everything I’ve read says 4.56 gears. G2 44 a good option? Just a regular rubicon axle be able to handle 37s? Again just trying not to spend a ton on axles as I’m already forking out son money for the LS

Welcome to Wayalife, if you are eventually going to get an LS swap which is at least a good $20K, you should spend some of that money first on axles, otherwise you'll be breaking them constantly...

Yes I agree with that, just trying to get some ideas how to do that cost effectively. Any tips to that?

Axle Ukgrades

The issue with an LS is the significant increase in HP over the 3.8 that you have. Some people who are light on the throttle may be able to nurse 44s, but 60s would be a safer choice. For that, you’re looking at around $15k +/- for the axle set, plus labor unless you do all the work yourself.

The guys running LS upgrades are running 60/60s or 60/80s depending on tire size. Contact Dynatrac or Fusion 4x4. Either one will be able to help break down the advantages of different set ups. Neither company will try to over sell you and they will steer you in the right direction based of your end build and end use of the Jeep. Good luck

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

60’s and 4.88-5.13 gears

[QUOTE=A.J.;1120835]Welcome to Wayalife. Might want to introduce yourself before you start the buying and selling stuff posts. FWIW run it as is until it breaks and save save save. If you wheel hard at all or plan to your going to want axles too.

Next to the forum, how do I go about the introduction?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast