Milwaukee impact wrenches

jorgelrod

Hooked
Would the 2662 be enough to work on the jeep, or do I need to go to the 2767? Looking to make a smart purchase...

Attachments

• E04F275E-ABA5-48A5-B58E-D033C317D3DC.jpg
    E04F275E-ABA5-48A5-B58E-D033C317D3DC.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 233

Wethy

Theres a couple different options from milwaukee. In the case of these two. The 2662 is a brushed motor single speed unit. Which will be the "cheaper" unit. The 2767 has a brushless motor and 3 speeds. The 2767 has 3 settings which change the amount of impacts per minute. And the 2767 is a bit shorter.

The fuel brushless motors should also last longer than brushed.

I would say if you have milwaukee batteries/tools buy the 2767 bare tool.

Also if you think youll be doing frequent socket changes get the unit with the friction ring not the pin detent. The 2767 has both options available. Im not sure about the 2662.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Just picked this up at a local supplier last week, it was a rep days sale and the kit with the impact Charger and two batteries was $349 when you turn in any old tool with two old batteries, then they handed me a free third battery
IMG_5751.JPG
It’s the friction ring not the pin detent with “1400 foot pounds of nut busting torque”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just picked this up at a local supplier last week, it was a rep days sale and the kit with the impact Charger and two batteries was $349 when you turn in any old tool with two old batteries, then they handed me a free third battery
View attachment 322826
It’s the friction ring not the pin detent with “1400 foot pounds of nut busting torque”

Nice find, That’s a great price!

Ddays

Hooked
I picked up a 2767 a while ago as well. Works great. Have yet to run a battery out but I did buy a couple spares. So far, the only nut I couldn't break loose was the yoke nut on my T-Case. Started picking up additional M18 Fuel series tools because this one worked so well. LOL, the M18 weedwhacker is stupid cool to use. Wife even uses it :shock:

JKbrick

I picked up a 2767 a while ago as well. Works great. Have yet to run a battery out but I did buy a couple spares. So far, the only nut I couldn't break loose was the yoke nut on my T-Case. Started picking up additional M18 Fuel series tools because this one worked so well. LOL, the M18 weedwhacker is stupid cool to use. Wife even uses it :shock:

Those are nice, my father got battery yard tools because he couldn’t get gas ones to start anymore

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have the brushed motor m18 impact. Didn’t know about the fuel at the time of purchase. Even with the fuel having more torque than mine it still zips 99% of the bolts I need loose. On rare occasions I need a breaker bar first.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have two. A 2755 and a 2663. I use the smaller 2755, mostly, but it won’t do everything. It’s powerful enough for most tasks, though. The 2663 is much more powerful. So powerful it will break a wheel stud.

If the 2767 has 3 speeds, like Wethy said, go for that one.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Well, bit the bullet and got this set on Ebay for what I think is a good price for the wrench, two batteries, the charger and a bag. Got six months interest free to pay it with PayPal which is a good deal.

Attachments

• 9DC130C0-94C5-4981-8E1A-8480F4B2F10D.jpg
    9DC130C0-94C5-4981-8E1A-8480F4B2F10D.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 134

maskale

The bigger one was the way to go. The smaller one would have worked for most things. But if you need to add a 10" extension to get rear seat bolts out the first time in a JKU then thats where the bigger one will pay for itself.

Pick up one of the small 1/2" or 3/8", super handy to have.

Boudica

I had a problem with the differential bolts on my Jeep a few days ago. I bought the 2767, no more problem now. My new favorite power tool.

jdofmemi

I had a problem with the differential bolts on my Jeep a few days ago. I bought the 2767, no more problem now. My new favorite power tool.

That was cheaper than taking it to a shop, and now you have a great tool for all the other projects

Top Bottom