Rocker switch power

Salmo23

I just installed some interior ambient lighting and will be installing Rock Lights. I don’t want to plug into the 12v socket. Any easy suggestions for rocker switches and where I splice into the 12v power? Appreciate the advice

JDM <><

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Do you want the switches to work without the key in the ignition? When you say you don't want to plug into the cigarette lighter, do you mean that literally? Or do you mean you don't want to tap the power behind the 12 volt outlet?

desertrunner

I used one of these to splice into an ignition power source for my air locker compressor. I can't remember exactly but im pretty sure I spliced it into the positive behind the cig lighter.
18-14GA-Blue-Splice-Tap-31562_f.png

Edit: just checked my build thread and yes I tapped into the cig lighter positive for ignition power so basically my locker compressor will not turn on unless I have the key on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Salmo23

Do you want the switches to work without the key in the ignition? When you say you don't want to plug into the cigarette lighter, do you mean that literally? Or do you mean you don't want to tap the power behind the 12 volt outlet?

Sorry. Yes I do not want to keep the plug in my cigarette lighter. I would like to tap into it if I can.

JDM <><

Top Bottom