VIDEO : JL JOURNAL : Getting Your JL to Work After an FAD Delete Using a TAZER

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Because the all new FAD or front axle disconnect on a Jeep JL Wrangler is directly tied to the transfer case, removing or deleting it can prove to be a problem, especially if you have a Rubicon. Without the FAD to to tell the transfer case what position it's in, your dash will display a warning light above the fuel gauge that states, "SERV 4WD". On a Rubicon, you will also get a locker warning light that that'll appear intermittently in the same location as well. On top of that, the transfer case indicator on your dash will be grayed out and it will no longer show what position it's in. Fortunately, the transfer case on a JL Wrangler is still mechanically operated but if the computer doesn't know what position it's in, you will not be able to use things like your sway bar disconnect or factory rear locker if you still have one. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see these problems first hand and how we were able to zap the FAD using a Tazer JL, made by Z Automotive. We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good to here Tazer is on top of it, wish Jeep didn’t add that stupid FAD system.

The FAD is a bummer but not nearly as much as the auto stop start or at least, in my opinion. :icon_crazy:

Simple as that ah[emoji106][emoji106]

Yup, simple as that. Nice to have something like the Tazer this early on in the JL. :yup:

Well hopefully they’ll figure it out sooner rather than later. My OCD won’t let me just ignore the lights/warnings.

LOL!! It is annoying for sure and I may have to call a friend to help get me to fix this sooner than later. :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the video! Glad to see tazer was able to find a fix and is still working on improving the programming system. Can’t wait to get a JL someday soon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the video! Glad to see tazer was able to find a fix and is still working on improving the programming system. Can’t wait to get a JL someday soon

It is nice that they do keep making updates like this.

What front locker do you have ? ARB?

Yup, we are running an ARB up front now and the factory e-locker in the rear.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So when are we going to see the Wayalife ARB-Single Underhood-Mount Bracket? (that's a mouthful, lol).

Hopefully soon. I've been holding off on posting anything because I'm trying to have these made so that I can sell them. I've just been in the industry long enough to know there are people, specific people would rip off my idea and sell it as theirs. And, being that they have more resources, everyone would assume they were the creator of it. Most likely will still happen anyway but I'd like to have a head start.

I do not know if you seen this one. It is on my shopping list, little further down on the priority - but looks good.
Smart Stop Start: https://www.smartstopstart.com/jeep-dodge-chrysler-products.html

I have not seen it before and I'll give it a look. Thanks.

Top Bottom