KEEP IT TIGHT : The JK-Experience Rocky Mountain Run [4 Parts Series]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
KEEP IT TIGHT : The JK-Experience Colorado - Holy Cross [Part 1 of 4]
For one week during the month of September, 22 Jeep JK Wranglers from around the country and from as far as Canada, gathered in the state of Colorado to traverse almost 1,000 miles though the breathtaking Rocky's, explore famous historic mining towns and, take on some of the most challenging off-road trails that can be found anywhere. This is the Off Road Evolution JK Experience Rocky Mountain Run, presented by Falken Tire, and this is the story of the Jeepers who came looking for an adventure and found what it means to "KEEP IT TIGHT".

Episode 1 of this 4 part series highlights our gathering in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, the starting point of our JK-Experience, and then heads high up into the White River National Forest where we got to run one the most famous and hardcore trails in the state, Holy Cross! Surrounded by Wilderness, Holy Cross is a gorgeous trail that takes you out to the old ghost town that gives this trail its name and features challenging obstacles such as French Creek. After a fun day of rock crawling over wet boulders, breaking out the winch a few times and seeing some amazing sites, we headed down to the historic town of Leadville which served as our home for the night. We hope you enjoy our film. :)

KEEP IT TIGHT : The JK-Experience Colorado - Carnage Canyon [Part 2 of 4]
Day 2 of the JK-Experience Rocky Mountain Run would take us south toward the town of Buena Vista, Colorado, and to the trail that a majority in our group would run for the day, Chinaman Gulch. At the trailhead, the option of running the infamous Carnage Canyon BV trail was also given to those willing to risk substantial damage to their rigs and, of the 22 JK’s we had, 4 would choose to join EVO 1 in taking on the carnage including, Project-JK’s, Moby Dick! Episode 2 highlights our run up this short, “nasty ass” trail as Mel liked to call it, and then follows us as we made a mad dash east with the hopes of being able to climb to the top of Pikes Peak before they closed. We hope you enjoy our film. :)

KEEP IT TIGHT : The JK-Experience Colorado - Alpine Loop [Part 3 of 4]
Episode 3 of KEEP IT TIGHT highlights our 3rd and 4th day of The JK Experience Rocky Mountain Run. In it, you’ll get to follow us on our long road day back west and see the fun detours that we made to places such as, the world famous Royal Gorge Bridge. After a long night spent working on Jeeps in the town of Montrose, we headed south to the San Juan Mountains and did a scenic run up the gorgeous Alpine Loop. Along the way, we covered trails such as Mineral Creek, Poughkeepsie Gulch, California Gulch and visited historic mining sites and ghost towns such as Animas Forks before ending our day in Silverton, Colorado. We hope you enjoy it.

KEEP IT TIGHT: The JK-Experience - Black Bear Pass & Billings Canyon [Part 4 of 4]
Day 5 of the JK-Experience Rocky Mountain Run took us up and over the most famous and terrifying trails in the state of Colorado, Black Bear Pass. After having some fun on what are certainly some of the most hair raising, narrow switchback roads you can find anywhere, we made our way west to our final destination of the week, Grand Junction. To end our trip with a bang, our 6th and final day would be spent on a short but technically challenging trail called, Billings Canyon. Rated a 9 out of a 10, this trail would put everyone and their rigs to the test and, as you can imagine, had a hell of a great time!

We hope that you’ve enjoyed all 4 episodes of KEEP IT TIGHT: The JK-Experience Rocky Mountain Run.

Thank you for your support,
Cindy & Eddie

Last edited:

tkuntz

Awesome video!

Thanks for the great video. I love seeing what people are doing with their JK's. Hopefully one day I'll make it out there on the JK Experience. Can't wait for the other parts to come out.

GCM 2

I posted on the JK Forum too, however I just wanted to say again how incredibly awesome the video turned out. Completely worth every minute of the wait for this!!

Drayko88

Another awesome video :clap2: :rock:,one thing that sucks about being on the east coast is i am 3 hours ahead of you guys so i have to wait that much longer for the video lol, im gonna be that guy now and say....whens episode 2 :brows:

BONDSY

Yet again, Cindy and Eddie you produce the most awesome videos! The footage, the stories, it feels like I am almost a part of it. Great job capturing this.:beer:

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Great Adventure !

You guys have done it again! Great video! You just gave me a glimpse into my future as i will be living in colorado in just a few months! Cant wait.:thumb: :rock:

20jk08

Re:

Really great job on the video !! I wish we weren't on the other side of the country so we could wheel with a group like that !

Jeep4me2

Thanks for Putting it on Vimeo I tried to watch it on my iPhone on the 28th. -You know how that went! Finally, caught it today. Great video, truly done nicely!
A couple questions? Should i check it out on my pc as well? Is it a different version than what's on YouTube, or is it just the one banned song? And when does the next part come out?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Jeep4me2 said:
Thanks for Putting it on Vimeo I tried to watch it on my iPhone on the 28th. -You know how that went! Finally, caught it today. Great video, truly done nicely!
A couple questions? Should i check it out on my pc as well? Is it a different version than what's on YouTube, or is it just the one banned song? And when does the next part come out?

You should watch it on your computer simply because the screen is bigger. :)

Top Bottom