D80 and Gas Tank Skid Clearance

bhaner

My rear axle pinion seems to want to hit my fuel tank!

Anyone have any pictures on how they made everything fit?

I cut my aftermarket skid so it wasn't in the way... But now the factory skid is getting hit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, beat that thing with a 5 lb. hammer to give it more clearance. If that doesn't do the trick, use an adjustable track bar to purposefully push your axle out toward driver.

bhaner

I’m serious.

Is your axle centered?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep.

I thought it was going to be my aftermarket tank skid that was causing all the issues. Each time I cut some off the axle moved closer! LOL

Hammer on the factory skid helped. Just need to stretch it out again and fine tune.

Seems to hit right were the little pocket is. May be able to just remove that.

Was able to get the front tire about 40" off the ground. Not sure if that is good or not. Still didn't lift a tire and the shocks were not bottomed out yet.

20190316_153040[1].jpg

20190316_152746.jpg

20190316_153008.jpg

bhaner

As mentioned, beat that thing with a 5 lb. hammer to give it more clearance. If that doesn't do the trick, use an adjustable track bar to purposefully push your axle out toward driver.

I thought I had asked about this before but couldn't find where I asked about it.

Thanks for the tip. I do have an adjustable rear track bar. I centered the axle at ride height. Guess I can move it some. Doesn't seem to be close to the EVAP can yet.

Top Bottom