P0441 and then P0302 Check Engine Codes

eazy

On January 4th, I got a P0441 code, which went away when I refueled. Last night, I got a check engine light again and it started riding rough. Today I had the code checked and it is P0302. They said there were 3 occurrences of that code. It's a 2016 with 24k miles. The Service Departments are closed today. Any idea what I'm looking at and if it's covered under warranty?

IMG_20190104_170854.jpg
IMG_20190317_135719.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

On January 4th, I got a P0441 code, which went away when I refueled. Last night, I got a check engine light again and it started riding rough. Today I had the code checked and it is P0302. They said there were 3 occurrences of that code. It's a 2016 with 24k miles. The Service Departments are closed today. Any idea what I'm looking at and if it's covered under warranty?

View attachment 323126
View attachment 323125

Check your connections you may have a bad evap canister, also make sure your cap is tight and you dont turn it to many times else it will throw a warning saying cap is loose it did it to me, for the miss fire check the boots and plugs for any damage.

jeeeep

Hooked
swap the sparkplug form #2 with any other plug and check the code...do the same with the coil.

If the error follows, you've found the issue.

If you change one plug, change them all.

eazy

Well, they're tearing it down now. The dealer just called and said it's looking like a rocker or lifter. They're about to do a leak down test and a compression test. They said they've only seen a couple Jeeps with an issue like this under 60k miles in the last 3 years.

I'm wondering if this is the problem:
https://youtu.be/w5GlHp2qlDE

Fast forward to about 3:25 to see the rocker issue.

Last edited:

eazy

They pulled the spark plug and it's got a bunch of burnt oil on it. They said the cylinder head is blown. They did say that this is not the same issue that the 2012-2014 Jeeps had that was covered under an extended 150k warranty.

I don't know much about engine internals... Any idea what this entails? Would this mean repairing one cylinder or replacing the whole block?

image storage

Last edited:

Slimebones

They pulled the spark plug and it's got a bunch of burnt oil on it. They said the cylinder head is blown. They did say that this is not the same issue that the 2012-2014 Jeeps had that was covered under an extended 150k warranty.

I don't know much about engine internals... Any idea what this entails? Would this mean repairing one cylinder or replacing the whole block?

image storage

What were the leakdown and compression check results?

eazy

I believe he said the compression was fine and the leak down did not yield the results they were expecting. He said his tech was on the phone with Jeep for a while trying to diagnose this issue.

Top Bottom