Discovered some damage while changing brake pads......

Jellymon

Took the tires off to change brake pads and rotate tires and found some damage to my rancho rs9000 shock. Looks like the trackbar bracket that the previous owner installed has been hitting it every time I stuffed the right rear. It didn’t even need the bracket with only 1 5/8” of lift, and after looking things over my axle was too far too the drivers side. So easy decision, the teraflex garbage went into the.....garbage.
Shock still seems to work fine, so a thank you to rancho.:thumb:

Also took the opportunity to get pics of a 35” tire next to a smart car.:cheesy:
E2CA1870-CA08-4067-8DE7-E574B8653CAC.jpg
BE626E49-CA86-4007-9E4E-B4C175B1093A.jpg
43D70E0D-5C79-467D-98C4-125ED6C0E909.jpg

Last edited:

jdofmemi

If the question is, are those tires going to fit on that car without rubbing, the answer is no.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Anything is possible...

View attachment 323249

Doesn’t look like a smart thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Any way you look at one of those, it still is not smart, I don't care what they call it🤣🤣🤣

Stuka

Looks like the track bar hit the shock. I notice you don't have extended bump stops (should should with a lift). But even in stock form the shock should not come in contact with the track bar. Do you have a track bar drop bracket? That would certainly allow those two to impact without extended bump stops.

Jellymon

Looks like the track bar hit the shock. I notice you don't have extended bump stops (should should with a lift). But even in stock form the shock should not come in contact with the track bar. Do you have a track bar drop bracket? That would certainly allow those two to impact without extended bump stops.

These things were in my original post. Yes, I removed the drop bracket, and after some advice from members here, tested the suspension for clearance afterward. All is good even without extended rear bumpstops I believe. Tires don’t rub, springs don’t over compress, and nothing down there contacts each other now.
It only has 1 1/2” of suspension lift and a 1 1/4” body lift on it. Which is going to change soon because I can’t stand seeing everything hanging so low underneath it (gas tank/frame/etc). I plan on removing the body lift and installing a 2 1/2 to 3” lift on this summer. :thumb:

Top Bottom