P0420 & p0430

Whitarmy

I keep getting these codes any advice? I really don’t believe i need to change to cats

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I got those a few months back on my 2014. Took it in and it was covered under the warranty. I believe emissions goes up to 80k miles. Took them about a week to get the tests done and approval to replace for free under warranty. Runs like a champ now

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Any exhaust mods? Possible cracks or loose fittings? Do the codes come on regularly or under very specific situations? data stream on both downstream O2 sensors should be relatively steady and low voltage. Upstream O2 should cycle rapidly up and down in voltage.

Sahara0308

There was one fitting i heard under the jeep that was loose and i fixed that one. The sensor just comes on at random. Ill clear it and the usually drive about 100-150 miles and they’re back on. No mods to any of the exhaust

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Thoroughly check for cracks, put a wrench on flange bolts and O2 sensors. If everything is tight and no cracks are found you need to get a data stream on all of your o2 sensors in order to diag. Try to get it when hot. If the downstream sensors mimic the up and down fluctuations of the upstream than the cats aren't doing there job.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I just went through this. I changed both 02 Sensors on that bank, then took another reading with the scanner and it was al over the place on the down stream. I ended up having to replace the CAT on the passenger side. Code is now gone. When I took the original CAT off, chunks of the CAT were falling out, definitely was a bad CAT.

Last edited:
Top Bottom