Superchips tuning

64fabius

Hello, I've searched extensively on web but I can't find what I'm looking for. I'm hoping you can help me. I recently got a Superchips Flashpaq F5 programmer for my 2008 JK 3.8L RUbicon. I'd like to change the automatic shifting point from the stock ECM configuration and raise the rev limiter. At the moment, I've installed the 91 Performance tuning option but I've read there is availability to change also the automatic shift points on vehicle and rev limiter. Because I wasn't able to do it, is there anyone can explain me the right way? Thanks a lot

USMC Wrangler

Hello, I've searched extensively on web but I can't find what I'm looking for. I'm hoping you can help me. I recently got a Superchips Flashpaq F5 programmer for my 2008 JK 3.8L RUbicon. I'd like to change the automatic shifting point from the stock ECM configuration and raise the rev limiter. At the moment, I've installed the 91 Performance tuning option but I've read there is availability to change also the automatic shift points on vehicle and rev limiter. Because I wasn't able to do it, is there anyone can explain me the right way? Thanks a lot

These newer Superchips are much less user friendly in my option. Anyway, have you looked in Advanced Tuning? There are some more options in mine but haven’t really messed with those.

Sorry I’m not more help.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Torrin

I am not sure where you read that, but I am fairly sure I did not have that option on my 3.8l system. The 3.6l is even more locked down and you can't change the tune without sending your ECM in.

mijku

It sticks in my mind that when you connect to your PC to do updates there is an option pack you can download or maybe purchase that will allow you to do this. But it has been a long time since i had that flashpaq.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

It sticks in my mind that when you connect to your PC to do updates there is an option pack you can download or maybe purchase that will allow you to do this. But it has been a long time since i had that flashpaq.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

They disabled a bunch of the advanced settings in the last update. For instance, TPMS. It’s either on or off now.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
On my FlashPaq when I pick 91 tune It takes me to (or I choose) shift points and gives options 1-2 Stock or Superchips 2-3 Stock or Superchip and so on. I believe when you change tune it gives you the option of just installing the tune you select or fine tune the tune. If that makes sense.

USMC Wrangler

On my FlashPaq when I pick 91 tune It takes me to (or I choose) shift points and gives options 1-2 Stock or Superchips 2-3 Stock or Superchip and so on. I believe when you change tune it gives you the option of just installing the tune you select or fine tune the tune. If that makes sense.

I’ve never tried the 91, but I recently compared between stock and the 87 tune after a gear swap. When I reinstalled the 87 there was no option like that. Must be a 91 tune thing? Wish the owners manual was in much more detail.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I’ve never tried the 91, but I recently compared between stock and the 87 tune after a gear swap. When I reinstalled the 87 there was no option like that. Must be a 91 tune thing? Wish the owners manual was in much more detail.

Yea and I have never done the 87 tune so I can't say. LOL And I could be wrong on the sequence all together. I really like the tuner/programmer , It's not a huge difference but there is a difference.

USMC Wrangler

Yea and I have never done the 87 tune so I can't say. LOL And I could be wrong on the sequence all together. I really like the tuner/programmer , It's not a huge difference but there is a difference.

Other than tire size, gear change and fog lights with high beams my favorite thing is the throttle response from a stop. It seems much more reactive to my butt dyno! [emoji6]

The SC tuner I had for my 99 F150 was much more user friendly. I could easily adjust shift points and pressure no mater what tune was or wasn’t installed. There was also an 87 Tow tune. I liked it for daily driving as well as towing. My current one just has the 91 Tow as an option and I’m generally a cheap ass.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Other than tire size, gear change and fog lights with high beams my favorite thing is the throttle response from a stop. It seems much more reactive to my butt dyno! [emoji6]

The SC tuner I had for my 99 F150 was much more user friendly. I could easily adjust shift points and pressure no mater what tune was or wasn’t installed. There was also an 87 Tow tune. I liked it for daily driving as well as towing. My current one just has the 91 Tow as an option and I’m generally a cheap ass.

Pedal response is a big plus. I think I have only used the ECO tune and the 91. The ECO didn't do much for me so I just stick with the 91. And on the gas price I just fool myself into "It's just a few bucks more" per fill up.:beer:

Top Bottom