A Bit of UNDER ARMOR for JET : EVO MFG JL Wrangler ProTek Skid Plates

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been crazy busy with various installs and making videos for everything but I thought I would take a moment and post up some pics of what we've been doing. First up, here are a few shots of the new EVO Manufacturing ProTek Engine/Transmission and Exhaust Loop Skid Plates that we just installed on JET Li - our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Of course, we'll post up an installation video of this in the near future. Hope you like what you see :)

20190320185839-c7a02a11-me.jpg

20190320185831-25577b07-me.jpg

20190320185833-52c53b60-me.jpg

20190320185825-b9310840-me.jpg

20190320185823-69bfe51c-me.jpg

BUY EVO ProTek Skid Plates for your JL Wrangler
EVO MFG JL Wrangler 3.6L Protek Engine / Transmission Skid Plate
https://amzn.to/2U3LfjG

EVO MFG JL 3.6L Protek Exhaust Loop Skid Plate
https://amzn.to/2YaZT89

Buying from the links above will help to support this forum and at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support! :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great! I’m sure you’re happy to have some protection under there [emoji106]

Truth be told, I'm not thrilled with the overwhelming amount of protection they offer and the ground clearance they eat up but beggars can't be choosers - got go with what you can get. Really, all I wanted was to just protect the transmission cooler lines.

Looks great!

Thanks! :cool:

Looks great! Need to drag those over a few rocks so they match the rest of the underside

LOL - seriously! I can almost guarantee that won't be a problem. :crazyeyes:

I’m sure you’ll put those to use! Nice and clean design

Oh yeah, even more than I would prefer. :D

Ddays

Hooked
I was also surprised how massive these things are! Mine are sitting in the garage waiting install. :thumb:

A.J.

Stainless air locker lines. I keep forgetting I NEED those! Thanks for the reminder. Skids look nice. I'm with you on the clearance though. Shelf drop offs will test them out nicely! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Those look good.

One more thing I need on the list for the JL.

While I love all the great advice, my wallet is starting to hate it every time I visit Wayalife 🤣🤣

Can't wait to get out on the trail again

fiend

Caught the Bug
Engine/transmission plate looks good. Protects those vulnerable transmission lines.

The exhaust loop plate I’m not sure about. Looks like something that will fold up and jam into the loop before long.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just in time for a Moab beating.

To be honest, I've never felt a need for aftermarket skidplates in a place like Moab. At least, it's pretty hard to do something like hook a cooler line on slickrock.

Wait what do you need skid plates for? I didn’t think the mall had curbs that big?

Looks good!!! Been waiting for those to come out

LOL!! It's for the rogue shopping carts. :D

Stainless air locker lines. I keep forgetting I NEED those! Thanks for the reminder. Skids look nice. I'm with you on the clearance though. Shelf drop offs will test them out nicely! [emoji106]

Stainless braided air lines are the only way to go. :yup:

Those look good.

One more thing I need on the list for the JL.

While I love all the great advice, my wallet is starting to hate it every time I visit Wayalife 🤣🤣

Can't wait to get out on the trail again

LOL!! I'll have to apologize to your wallet the next time we see you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Engine/transmission plate looks good. Protects those vulnerable transmission lines.

The exhaust loop plate I’m not sure about. Looks like something that will fold up and jam into the loop before long.

I'll have to be honest and say that the exhaust loop skid was kind of a pain to install too. Fitment was super tight or at least, where the one bolt secures it to the engine skid. Also, I didn't get any kind of hardware to secure it the one hole on the outer edge to the frame rail. A flagged nut and bolt would have been nice to have with this. I was able to use a serrated nut I had in my hardware bin to help out but it took a bit to get it installed. Of course, I'm concerned about when I need to remove things in the future for servicing things. We'll see how things go but I may just remove it and run the engine skid alone.

Top Bottom