Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Unit Bearings -75,000 miles?

  1. #21
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    3,880
    Ok, just hit the same speed bumps in the opposite direction at the little league. No lights. Iím going to borrow a dial indicator and see what happens after the drag link get swapped.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  2. #22
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    3,880
    The new drag link arrived tonight and I plan to get it installed in the morning. Then my wife and I are off to Tucson in Spider to celebrate our 21st. We may hit some mild off pavement stuff while we are up there. Iíll have a spare unit bearing and tools with me, just in case. Iím still waiting on the second one to arrive. Dealing with a slow seller on eBay is frustrating.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  3. #23
    Caught the Bug DBats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    78
    I just did my hubs this last weekend, using Eddie's guide. First time changing them and it was surprisingly straight forward and easy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #24
    Hooked dhughes16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    136
    Iíve been having the same exact issue as USMC for months now. Itís mostly at 50-70mph that it becomes an issue but it can get terrifying. I just ordered unit bearings so hopefully that will fix it


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #25
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    3,880

    Unit Bearings -75,000 miles?

    Quote Originally Posted by dhughes16 View Post
    Iíve been having the same exact issue as USMC for months now. Itís mostly at 50-70mph that it becomes an issue but it can get terrifying. I just ordered unit bearings so hopefully that will fix it


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    So I havenít had a repeat of the flashing TC light, no matter how hard I try. I did get the new, complete drag link installed today, then I drove about 100 miles to Tucson. I can tell you this, other than a strong crosswind, here and there, my Jeep drives like it did when it was new. Very solid.

    Anyone else considering the Ruffstuff drag link, you should know it has a straight end at the knuckle and an identical GM 1 ton end at the pitman, like my TREís on the Exodus Jeeps tie rod. FYI. Iíll post pictures later, after the anniversary trip. I wouldíve definitely bought a DL from Bubba, if I didnít have this trip planned and they were ready to ship.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  6. #26
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    long island ny
    Posts
    68
    are u guys using hem unit bearings ? I could have sworn some guys said to stay away from certain aftermarket units

  7. #27
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdonthurt View Post
    are u guys using hem unit bearings ? I could have sworn some guys said to stay away from certain aftermarket units
    I ordered Timkenís from the link above.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

  8. #28
    Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    So I havenít had a repeat of the flashing TC light, no matter how hard I try. I did get the new, complete drag link installed today, then I drove about 100 miles to Tucson. I can tell you this, other than a strong crosswind, here and there, my Jeep drives like it did when it was new. Very solid.

    Anyone else considering the Ruffstuff drag link, you should know it has a straight end at the knuckle and an identical GM 1 ton end at the pitman, like my TREís on the Exodus Jeeps tie rod. FYI. Iíll post pictures later, after the anniversary trip. I wouldíve definitely bought a DL from Bubba, if I didnít have this trip planned and they were ready to ship.
    Thanks for the report back. Good to hear the steering improved. I think my issues might be drag link related to. Iím seriously thinking about getting a replacement from Synergy. Iíll check out the Ruffstuff too.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

  9. #29
    Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    7,223
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Thanks guys. My toe was just dialed in a couple weeks ago as well.

    Attachment 323386

    Attachment 323387

    The traction control light is what sent me searching on here. I couldnít find that symptom explained exactly the same, but I saw where some had posted definite failures and lights coming on.
    That's a cool tool to check toe.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #30
    Old Timer USMC Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cochise County, AZ
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    That's a cool tool to check toe.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It is and a decent price at $50. Iíve already used it on 3 Jeeps with more to come.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

    DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

    Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. South Korean Timken Unit Bearings
    By JoeB-JKURX in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2018, 10:50 PM
  2. Timken - Unit Bearings
    By wayoflife in forum Axles & Drivetrain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2018, 05:52 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2015, 09:12 PM
  4. unit bearings OK to reuse
    By Clark Collins in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2014, 06:32 PM
  5. Dana 30 set-up bearings for diff carrier bearings
    By Idaho 51 in forum Wanted (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS