Warn Powerplant 12K Maintenance Questions

jorgelrod

Hooked
So my Warn Powerplant was the very first thing I bought for the Jeep in 2014, it's never failed me when I've demanded air or pulling power from him. As the jeep and the winch come up on it's fifth year with me, I wonder if there is any preventive servicing that the winch my require to keep it in working order for the foreseeable future.

wjtstudios

Hooked
The only thing I’ve run into on mine was cleaning the ground terminal on the bottom of the winch. For me up in Michigan, the salt corrodes the contact and the winch won’t function.

Other than than, just checking for damage to the line or hook.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Mine lasted a good 10 years before the compressor belt finally wore out. Fortunately, replacing it wasn't too hard.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Mine lasted a good 10 years before the compressor belt finally wore out. Fortunately, replacing it wasn't too hard.

So basically if it ain't broke don't fix it. Good deal!

For the most part, yes. If you want to be preemptive, you can take it apart and check the drum seals and apply new grease as needed. With a lot of ahrd use, the seals can get worn out. As far as grease goes, you want to use a good gun grease - NOT an axle grease.

jdofmemi

I do recall a thread a while back that said Warn won't have parts for the Powerplant any longer, and there was a place that had them.
I couldn't find the thread, but if that is the case, getting a kit for it to have for later may not be a bad idea.

Top Bottom