Stupid question on my soft top.

NorseLife

Remember my 1st wrangler so dont :doh: while reading this.

Bought the car 1 week ago. Today is first day I decided lets take the top off. The rear window on mine zips from passenger to driver which I know isn't right and it looks like the stop clips on the passenger are missing. I plan on trying to fix the zipper but in the meantime how can I take the entire top off safely without detaching the rear window from the top? My fear if I just unzip it right now without proper tools to fix it I won't be able to get it back on.

Thanks in advance :beer::beer::beer:

WJCO

Meme King
Can't you just move the zippers to the driver's side then take off the window there?

boardsurfer

The whole top attaches to the roll bar on each side, and I think on the door surround as well. Detach those points and you can lift the entire thing off as one. You'll have to slide the side windows out of the channel on the tub as well.

desertrunner

If I remember right (I didn't do it often) but my 08 had amthe zipper break in the top passenger side corner so I couldn't take it off and I would just zip it up on both corners enough to un clip both edges and then just folded it up with the rest of the top. It's been awhile so don't 100% remember what it was like but I took the top off a few times with the rear window still in that way

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

NorseLife

Thanks i eventually just got frustrated and took it off, I should post pics I have no idea what the previous owner did but the attach points are torn clean off both the window and the top itself. Just frayed material for a good inch before teeth start. Was a pain to re-thread back on but I got it put back last night, hopefully getting a new soft top put on this week.

And to the rest of ya, yes I said car. Its just habit. I own a kia soul, a silverado, a Toyota truck (before they had names), a grand cherokee, and just added the wrangler. I just refer to them as car sometimes, even the trucks but you still knew what I meant :beer:

Top Bottom