Track bars front vs. rear

JKbrick

Does anyone know if it does anything odd if I raise my front track bar for a flip kit but leave the rear one is rock position and just get an adjustable? I actually have the rear bracket to raise the mount but the bolt was in my coil spring last time I tried to use it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

The head of the bolt? It depends on the brand of the bracket. I’ve never had problems with the EVO/Synergy brackets but some of the other brands do.

It is jks, everything I had my first go round was jks. Yes the head of the bolt. I could stretch the spring enough to put it in from front to rear. I’ll try it with my new springs tonight

rl206

Hardware shouldn’t be a problem. I bought my shocks & coils used, and see where the previous owner’s bracket had made made contact w/ the shock. Keep an eye on that. It hasn’t been a problem for my setup though.

desertrunner

Does anyone know if it does anything odd if I raise my front track bar for a flip kit but leave the rear one is rock position and just get an adjustable? I actually have the rear bracket to raise the mount but the bolt was in my coil spring last time I tried to use it

In theory by having the roll COG of the axles different could affect handling yes. Basically your axles will shift left and right a different amount when traveling up and down. Will it be enough to notice IDK but that's the rough idea of it. In my old 08 I had the rear raised but didn't have a flip on the front and it drove just fine for 3 years. I will say though that once I flipped the front it drove much better but I had a whole host of other issues when I re did the front of that Jeep so who knows.

I am contemplating flipping the front of mine as well and for now I didn't plan on raising the rear unless it felt funky. But if you have the bracket already and you can make it work I would use it, but if it doesn't work or you need to order a different one I wouldn't be all that worried about driving it with 1 raised and the other not

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

In theory by having the roll COG of the axles different could affect handling yes. Basically your axles will shift left and right a different amount when traveling up and down. Will it be enough to notice IDK but that's the rough idea of it. In my old 08 I had the rear raised but didn't have a flip on the front and it drove just fine for 3 years. I will say though that once I flipped the front it drove much better but I had a whole host of other issues when I re did the front of that Jeep so who knows.

I am contemplating flipping the front of mine as well and for now I didn't plan on raising the rear unless it felt funky. But if you have the bracket already and you can make it work I would use it, but if it doesn't work or you need to order a different one I wouldn't be all that worried about driving it with 1 raised and the other not

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ya I guess I’ll try the bracket again before I spend any money on a rear trackbar. That is the easiest option right now since I have a bracket

JKbrick

The bracket hits the spring
IMG_6022.JPG
Which I could cut the bracket, but the springs are really bowed and with the new springs my pinion isn’t in perfect alignment anymore, which will bow the springs more.
IMG_6025.JPG
Think I’m going to ditch the bracket

BaddestCross

View attachment 323628
Which I could cut the bracket, but the springs are really bowed and with the new springs my pinion isn’t in perfect alignment anymore, which will bow the springs more.
View attachment 323629

Ugh. That would drive me insane. I think it's JKS that makes some bolt-on spring perches so you can get your pinion angle right and then straighten out those springs. 😳

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

JKbrick

Ugh. That would drive me insane. I think it's JKS that makes some bolt-on spring perches so you can get your pinion angle right and then straighten out those springs. [emoji15]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

They do, I have a set and either can’t find them or gave/sold them to someone. Didn’t look like a huge job but it would be a Saturday project for sure. The odd thing is I don’t hear other people ever talk about their rear springs being bowed?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 323628
View attachment 323629

Mine are bowed more than that. Just trim the bracket and call it good. My springs are worse than that.

Ok, when I adjusted my control arms so the driveshaft pointed straight at the transfer case the springs bowed back and were hitting that bolt. Is that common?

Mine rubs the bolt head sometimes. I've drove it that way for several years and lots of miles. Must not rub as much as I think it does because the is no damage to the spring or bolt head.

Ajkaz

Can you take a grinder and cut off that flange edge? It seems to be the only thing hitting the spring. It doesn't look like it connects to anything, but its hard to tell from the pic.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
They do, I have a set and either can’t find them or gave/sold them to someone. Didn’t look like a huge job but it would be a Saturday project for sure. The odd thing is I don’t hear other people ever talk about their rear springs being bowed?

You sold those brackets to me a while back, I never got around to installing them lol.

Top Bottom