Rear sway bar link bolt hitting frame

AZRubicon1

Hello everyone. I was doing a tire rotation when I stubbed upon this. It seems the passenger side sway-bar bolt is hitting the frame.

I put 37x12s on my jk and used a 1.75’’ spacer. That solved any rubbing from the tire except for the rear sway bar links. I looked online and most people suggested just moving the links to the inside so that’s what I did. I’ve used it like this for a while and just noticed this. The bolt seems to have scraped the frame until it made room for itself. Its tight so I’m not too worried, but was wondering if anyone has seen this before. I’d also appreciate suggestions for maybe a different sway bar or sway bar links. I have the OEM sway bar and links on.

IMG_9831.jpg

IMG_9835.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I don't have my jeep but I believe the links are supposed to be mounted on the outside of the sway bar not the inside like yours are.

Edit: Actually your sway bars are facing 180 the wrong way. They should point towards the rear of the jeep not the front.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

AZRubicon1

It looks like it did push my break line up on both sides. My driver side is also scraped but not as bad. I’m gonna have to not flex the suspension too much until I get it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZRubicon1

jesse3638

Hooked
I'd start by moving your sway bar links to the outside of the sway bar and see how it looks. Mine mounted on the outside have plenty of room between the bolt and brake line.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom