The build of our 2014 JKU “Miles”

FLKEYSJK

My wife and I bought my dads 2014 JKU off him a couple weeks ago so I decided to go ahead and start a build thread to document the mods we do to it. It’ll probably be a pretty slow build but I’ll keep posting as we modify the Jeep. Here’s a picture of Miles. IMG_8413.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

FLKEYSJK

Here’s a list of what’s done to it so far. It has a Evo leveling kit on 295/70r17 Toyo R/T’s and some rubicon wheels as well as the Bestop sun rider for the hard top. Other than that he’s mostly stock. Yesterday I installed the Derlin hinge liners to make sure the doors come off easily every time. IMG_8442.jpg IMG_8444.jpg IMG_8443.jpg IMG_8441.jpg

FLKEYSJK

Thanks everyone! I also swapped the Bestop sun rider top out for the freedom panels because that thing is so damn loud on the freeway. I’ll probably switch back in a month or so when I move because I’ll be driving on the freeway less.

FLKEYSJK

Cleaned up the engine bay today, I know it’s a Jeep but idk I enjoy the satisfaction of cleaning. (and yes you can see my mall crawler in the background lol) IMG_4195.jpg

FLKEYSJK

Miles looks awesome! Looks like a good starting point to a good build and very cool that you could keep the Jeep in the family.

Thank you, and yeah he was getting rid of it and I missed my old 2 door JK so I figured that we might as well bring it in and hopefully build her up... needs tires soon so I have a decision to make.

Top Bottom