BEEFING UP the STEERING : Synergy Tie-Rod / Drag Link & Stabilizer Relocation for JET

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BEEFING UP the STEERING : Synergy Tie-Rod / Drag Link & Stabilizer Relocation for JET

In the process of hunting down a steering wobble we sometimes had, especially when it was cold out, we found that the tie-rod end on our drag link where it connects to the pitman arm, was in fact completely worn out. This was a bit surprising being that we only had 24,000 miles on the odometer but what are ya gonna do. Anyway, this was something we wanted to get fixed and after talking to our friends over at Synergy, they were kind enough to send us one of their heavy duty drag links, tie-rods and steering stabilzer relocation kits. Not so surprisingly, these components not only did a great job of tightening up our steering, it also did a great job of getting our steering stabilizer up and out harms way. Here are a few shots of what everything looks like out of the box and installed.

What everything looked like right out of the box.
20190325125408-fd18bbd9-me.jpg

Here's a comparison shot of the factory tie-rod next to our new Synergy one.
20190325125413-6585e44b-me.jpg

And a comparison of the drag links.
20190325125415-ef9f7696-me.jpg

Finally, some shots of what it all looks like installed.
20190325125426-f504489d-me.jpg

20190325125428-b92e721f-me.jpg

20190325125424-b9db90a2-me.jpg

Close up shot of the steering stabilizer relocation kit - nice to finally have this thing up and out of the way of rocks!
20190325125438-07a510ff-me.jpg

20190325125441-3208b674-me.jpg

Beef Up the Steering on your JL Wrangler
Synergy Jeep JL Heavy Duty Drag Link Kit
https://amzn.to/2WqaPNv

Synergy Jeep JL Heavy Duty Tie Rod
https://amzn.to/2Wq6aLE

Synergy Jeep JL Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit
https://amzn.to/2us4ll4

DMF

I have a lot of Synergy stuff so it's cool to see you guys run/trying Synergy products on Jet Li. I don't see many post about Synergy stuff on here so I hope it works out for you guys. :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
I was happy with the quality of the synergy TR & DL I had except for the flop issue - I had to use the washers so the TR didn't rotate over and put my steering ram into a slight bind. Do these new components have different ends that don't allow this?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That drag link it pretty beefy. Glad it tightened things up on jet!

The weight difference is really significant. :yup:

Synergy does build nice kit! Can’t wait to see how it preforms

So far so good. We'll keep you updated :)

I have a lot of Synergy stuff so it's cool to see you guys run/trying Synergy products on Jet Li. I don't see many post about Synergy stuff on here so I hope it works out for you guys. :thumb:

Everything seems to be made well and they're a hell of a lot more beefy than OE. :yup:

Very nice! I’ll be going this rout on the JK soon. The terrorflex garbage I have currently is well... garbage.

LOL - I think you'll be happy with the change.

I was happy with the quality of the synergy TR & DL I had except for the flop issue - I had to use the washers so the TR didn't rotate over and put my steering ram into a slight bind. Do these new components have different ends that don't allow this?

Not sure. I'm not running a ram or as of yet so it's hard to say how it'd do with one. The JL tie-rod does seem to be a bit different than the JK so maybe they've addressed things. We'll see though.

Definitely want to hear further update on performance of this product.

You got it :)

jeeeep

Hooked
nice!

the idea of running 37's is shrinking due to what seems like stock components not made to handle the upgrades.

Hell, i'm still running the stock drag link on my 2010 JK

almost forgot to mention the King bumpstops I saw on your work bench...another segment coming soon?

Lojo

Looks great and I love the minimal bumper !! It’s always great to see the products you use and write ups JK or JL. Thanks for taking the time!! [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
nice!

the idea of running 37's is shrinking due to what seems like stock components not made to handle the upgrades.

Hell, i'm still running the stock drag link on my 2010 JK

almost forgot to mention the King bumpstops I saw on your work bench...another segment coming soon?

LOL!! I was still running the factory track bar AND drag link on Rubicat before we sold her. Moby is STILL running factory track bars. Both were just better on a JK. The JL stuff seems pretty light weight.

And yes, you did see King air bumps. A future project in the works :crazyeyes:

Looks great and I love the minimal bumper !! It’s always great to see the products you use and write ups JK or JL. Thanks for taking the time!! [emoji482]

You bet! Glad we can share the info with you :)

Those look like some high quality pieces. Very nice!

A hell of a lot beefier than stock, that's for sure. :crazyeyes:

Eddie was there any drilling done or making the hole bigger so that they fit. Compared to the JK.

So, there was no drilling required to install the tie-rod or the drag link as was installed. IF you were to install the drag link as a flip, you would need to drill out the knuckle. Because I reused the OE steering stabilizer, I did have to drill out the crush sleeves to make it work.

JES

They now offer a single plane TRE for the drag link (pitman side) that eliminates the flop. I bought the new end direct from them and it fixed a small deadspot I was experiencing. I believe their new drag link this comes a standard. Sorry but the part number eludes me.

Edit: Part number 4139-L for the single plane TRE. Only place I found it available was direct from synergy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom