Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - BACK ON TRACK / Rancho Adjustable Rear Track Bar Installation

  1. #1
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,692

    VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - BACK ON TRACK / Rancho Adjustable Rear Track Bar Installation

    Soon after installing our EVO rear track bar relocation bracket, I had a lot of guys ask why we chose to go with it over something like an adjustable rear track bar. And, the simple answer is, an adjustable track bar can only do one thing - recenter your axle. What it can't do is correct geometry, as in, make your track bar more level again like it was from the factory and by virtue of it, help improve your roll center. This is what a track bar relocation bracket is primarily designed to do and getting your axle centered again is more of a perk than anything. That being said, if you have more lift than the relocation bracket is designed for, your axle may still be off a bit at ride height. For most, it'll be far from enough to matter but when you have as much lift as we now have, getting it centered or even purposefully going off track a bit by shifting things over toward the driver side, can be helpful to prevent things like your your pinion flange or yoke from making contact with your gas tank at a full flex. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see us do just that with the installation of our all new, Rancho rockGEAR adjustable rear track bar. We hope you find it to be informative.



    PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

    BUY Rancho rockGEAR Track BarS for your JL Wrangler
    Rancho RS62131 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Rear Track Bar
    https://amzn.to/2JqT52N


    Rancho RS62128 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Front Track Bar
    https://amzn.to/2CuK9Dw



  2. #2
    Old Timer TrailHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,568
    Crazy how much more flex the Rancho joints have. Nice upgrade.

  3. #3
    Old Timer Andy5160's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,105
    Great product and those bushings will make a difference indeed


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #4
    Old Timer longarmwj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    3,784
    Can this help me get my life back on track as well as my rear axle?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

  5. #5
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,692
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Crazy how much more flex the Rancho joints have. Nice upgrade.
    Well, it's not so much that they offer more flex - they offer more "bind free" flex. You can make clevite bushings rotate, it just takes more effort especially when the crush sleeve is clamped down to 125 ft. lbs of torque.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Great product and those bushings will make a difference indeed
    So long as they hold up, I think Rancho has a winner.

    Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Can this help me get my life back on track as well as my rear axle?
    LOL!! I suppose it depends on how you use it

  6. #6
    Old Timer longarmwj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    3,784
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! I suppose it depends on how you use it
    Im sure it could be used similarly to a baseball bat 🤣



    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

  7. #7
    Addict jeeeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    5,599
    that's some flex and maintenance free too!

    overall interesting to see just how far FCA went to reduce weight and what looks beefy isn't necessarily so.

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Mount Pleasant SC
    Posts
    5
    Hello, So have a question, should the front axle's measurements match the rear?

    I installed an AEV 2.5 lift on my 2012 JKU. Afterwards I did noticed my axles where not centered so i installed a Tereflex adjustable track bar to the front. Now my front end measures the same. After watching your video on the rear tack bar adjustment I did a measurement like you did from my fenders and had a slight difference between LH and RH by only 0.13". Probably not bad enough to install an adjustable track bar but my main concern besides handling is tire wear, could this affect that if at all?

    Thanks for all the great tips.

    Cheers

    Mike

  9. #9
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,692
    Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Im sure it could be used similarly to a baseball bat 🤣
    Yeah, I'll bet it could

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    that's some flex and maintenance free too!

    overall interesting to see just how far FCA went to reduce weight and what looks beefy isn't necessarily so.
    It's kind of a bummer but I get why they did what they did. Fortunately, there are aftermarket options to help fix things

    Quote Originally Posted by Faazzie View Post
    Hello, So have a question, should the front axle's measurements match the rear?

    I installed an AEV 2.5 lift on my 2012 JKU. Afterwards I did noticed my axles where not centered so i installed a Tereflex adjustable track bar to the front. Now my front end measures the same. After watching your video on the rear tack bar adjustment I did a measurement like you did from my fenders and had a slight difference between LH and RH by only 0.13". Probably not bad enough to install an adjustable track bar but my main concern besides handling is tire wear, could this affect that if at all?

    Thanks for all the great tips.

    Cheers

    Mike
    You gotta understand that your axles will always be off a bit one way or another. Load up your Jeep and it'll be off. Unload it and it'll be off. It's just the nature of the beast when it comes to track bars.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-21-2019, 03:14 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-19-2019, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS