VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - BACK ON TRACK / Rancho Adjustable Rear Track Bar Installation

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Soon after installing our EVO rear track bar relocation bracket, I had a lot of guys ask why we chose to go with it over something like an adjustable rear track bar. And, the simple answer is, an adjustable track bar can only do one thing - recenter your axle. What it can't do is correct geometry, as in, make your track bar more level again like it was from the factory and by virtue of it, help improve your roll center. This is what a track bar relocation bracket is primarily designed to do and getting your axle centered again is more of a perk than anything. That being said, if you have more lift than the relocation bracket is designed for, your axle may still be off a bit at ride height. For most, it'll be far from enough to matter but when you have as much lift as we now have, getting it centered or even purposefully going off track a bit by shifting things over toward the driver side, can be helpful to prevent things like your your pinion flange or yoke from making contact with your gas tank at a full flex. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see us do just that with the installation of our all new, Rancho rockGEAR adjustable rear track bar. We hope you find it to be informative.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

BUY Rancho rockGEAR Track BarS for your JL Wrangler
Rancho RS62131 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Rear Track Bar
https://amzn.to/2JqT52N

Rancho RS62128 rockGEAR Suspension JL Wrangler Front Track Bar
https://amzn.to/2CuK9Dw

:cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy how much more flex the Rancho joints have. Nice upgrade.

Well, it's not so much that they offer more flex - they offer more "bind free" flex. You can make clevite bushings rotate, it just takes more effort especially when the crush sleeve is clamped down to 125 ft. lbs of torque. :yup:

Great product and those bushings will make a difference indeed [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

So long as they hold up, I think Rancho has a winner.

Can this help me get my life back on track as well as my rear axle?

LOL!! I suppose it depends on how you use it :crazyeyes:

jeeeep

Hooked
that's some flex and maintenance free too! :thumb:

overall interesting to see just how far FCA went to reduce weight and what looks beefy isn't necessarily so.

Faazzie

Hello, So have a question, should the front axle's measurements match the rear?

I installed an AEV 2.5 lift on my 2012 JKU. Afterwards I did noticed my axles where not centered so i installed a Tereflex adjustable track bar to the front. Now my front end measures the same. After watching your video on the rear tack bar adjustment I did a measurement like you did from my fenders and had a slight difference between LH and RH by only 0.13". Probably not bad enough to install an adjustable track bar but my main concern besides handling is tire wear, could this affect that if at all?

Thanks for all the great tips.

Cheers

Mike

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im sure it could be used similarly to a baseball bat [emoji6]🤣

:cheesy: Yeah, I'll bet it could :crazyeyes:

that's some flex and maintenance free too! :thumb:

overall interesting to see just how far FCA went to reduce weight and what looks beefy isn't necessarily so.

It's kind of a bummer but I get why they did what they did. Fortunately, there are aftermarket options to help fix things :)

Hello, So have a question, should the front axle's measurements match the rear?

I installed an AEV 2.5 lift on my 2012 JKU. Afterwards I did noticed my axles where not centered so i installed a Tereflex adjustable track bar to the front. Now my front end measures the same. After watching your video on the rear tack bar adjustment I did a measurement like you did from my fenders and had a slight difference between LH and RH by only 0.13". Probably not bad enough to install an adjustable track bar but my main concern besides handling is tire wear, could this affect that if at all?

Thanks for all the great tips.

Cheers

Mike

You gotta understand that your axles will always be off a bit one way or another. Load up your Jeep and it'll be off. Unload it and it'll be off. It's just the nature of the beast when it comes to track bars.

Top Bottom