Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WJ axles and T-case on an XJ?

WJ axles and T-case on an XJ?

Converting a 94 XJ 2wd and thinking of buy a 2001 WJ and putting the AD44 and Tcase on my XJ, seems like a cheap and time consuming exercise in trouble shooting. Any help out there on any inside information on something stupid like this?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJ AD44 on a XJ?

Converting a 94 XJ 2wd and thinking of buying a 2001 WJ and putting the AD44 and Tcase on my XJ, seems like a cheap and time consuming exercise in trouble shooting. Any help out there or any inside information on something like this?

Last edited by XJchoptopMJcrew; 03-26-2019 at 06:39 AM.

WJ axles and Tcase on a XJ?

Converting a 94 XJ 2wd and thinking of buying a 2001 WJ and putting the AD44 and Tcase on my XJ, seems like a cheap and time consuming exercise in trouble shooting. Any help out there or any inside information on doing something like this?

Last edited by XJchoptopMJcrew; 03-26-2019 at 06:40 AM.

WJ axles and Tcase on an XJ

Converting a 94 XJ 2wd and thinking of buying a 2001 WJ and putting the AD44 and Tcase on my XJ, seems like a cheap and time consuming exercise in trouble shooting. Any help out there or any inside information on doing something like this?

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I merged your four threads on this topic, into one. It has only been four hours. Give people a chance to see the post.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

About right

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I merged your four threads on this topic, into one. It has only been four hours. Give people a chance to see the post.

Not sure if the merging helped?

Nothing but a Thing Strodinator's Avatar
    My personal opinion is it seems like a waste of time. You are going to have to grind all of the brackets off anyways and weld on new ones. I would go with a Ford 8.8 or a 9 inch rear and throw C gussets on the front Dana 30 and call it a day. Run 35's for 100k and you be fine. The Ford 9 inch has much better aftermarket potential but the 8.8 from 95-present is much easier to get ahold of. Plus 4 wheel disc brakes.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

Quote Originally Posted by Strodinator View Post
    My personal opinion is it seems like a waste of time. You are going to have to grind all of the brackets off anyways and weld on new ones. I would go with a Ford 8.8 or a 9 inch rear and throw C gussets on the front Dana 30 and call it a day. Run 35's for 100k and you be fine. The Ford 9 inch has much better aftermarket potential but the 8.8 from 95-present is much easier to get ahold of. Plus 4 wheel disc brakes.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I can buy a blown engine WJ for 500 bucks, I don’t mind the fabrication aspect, I need a Tcase, bigger axles, and electronic seats, seems like WJ is my cheapest beat for all three. But I keep hearing the AD44 axles are not great off the WJ, but for the price I don’t mind limited locker aftermarket options. I am however concerned that the Tcase is quadratic and may have a computer system involved? Not sure if it dose? But of course not thrilled about introducing a computer controlled system into a non computerized XJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast