noob spider gear question

Murfphy

So I have a D30 2008 jku sahara.
Spider gears are kinda chewed for some reason. Had her regeared to a 4.88 2 yrs ago. running 35s on her.
I want to replace the front spider gears. I havent checked the rear yet. But I have been looking at:

OMIX-ADA 16512.69 - $200
Crown Automotive 5252591 Differential Gear Set - $101

Any idea of why one cost more than the other? And does it matter if my diff has been regeared?

In other words.....I DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IM LOOKING AT. I need to know what to order. everything seems to come in a kit.

I have seen how to replace them (youtube) but I do not know if the price gap means a better product (I assume it does) and if the regearing plays a factor in my gear search.

I have been looking around the web for a couple hours and decided to post and ask those that know.

Any brands that are better in this arena than others? I would like my things to last a bit.

I overland. Not a crawler here in the outback or at the mall.

Thanks.

jorgelrod

Hooked
A quick search for those parts reveal that the Crown Part # you're looking at is not for JK, The crown Part number you're looking for is 68004075AA

As to why the OMIX is $200 and the crown is $110, I don't know what to tell you. Crown is an OEM supplier for Jeep so they are not cheap knock off parts with crappy build which some may automatically infer by the lower cost.

Murfphy

A quick search for those parts reveal that the Crown Part # you're looking at is not for JK, The crown Part number you're looking for is 68004075AA

As to why the OMIX is $200 and the crown is $110, I don't know what to tell you. Crown is an OEM supplier for Jeep so they are not cheap knock off parts with crappy build which some may automatically infer by the lower cost.

Right on bro.

Brain started farting.

Ill grab those crowns. Thank you

Top Bottom