Engine light

07rub

Hey guys my engine light came on my 07jkur yesterday but when i did the turn key thing to get the code there was none, should i worry and all since im on vacation bout 1500miles from home

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
9 out of 10 times, a check engine light is emmissions related. You probably have an EVAP canister with a leak somewhere. It will not effect the performance of your Jeep and you should be fine. Enjoy your vacation and have your dealership give it a look when you get back.

Mine came on today the tube that went from the evap to the gas tank was loose and I took the tube off that was filled with mud so it wouldn't lock in fully so I cleaned it and put it back tighten my gas cap and disconnected my battery and it was gone hopefully it stays off!

Gibbo

Hey guys my engine light came on my 07jkur yesterday but when i did the turn key thing to get the code there was none, should i worry and all since im on vacation bout 1500miles from home

I'm glad you got a good answer to your problem 07rub. Can you tell me what the turn key thing is to get the code, I have not heard of this and think it would handy to know.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
My engine light came on took to dealer and said my cylinder head needs to be replaced...:banghead:

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

wyo-jk

I'm glad you got a good answer to your problem 07rub. Can you tell me what the turn key thing is to get the code, I have not heard of this and think it would handy to know.

Cycle the ignition without starting the Jeep really fast like 4 times....can't really remember exactly how many times off the top of my head

PayDro

9 out of 10 times, a check engine light is emmissions related.

My Check Engine light on my '08 JK has been coming on, and going off for about a week now (on one day, off the next), and my mechanic said that it is the Catalytic converter gone bad. IT is still under the 8yr/80K mile warranty, and I'm getting the dealer to fix it this week for free. But the parts are hard to get, so call your dealersip to make sure they can get the parts.

I'll give an update when it is fixed.

Sancho

Just in case .... You can always go to one of the big parts stores and a lot of times they will come hook up a scanner and print out the codes from you jeep for free. I ain't sayin anything .... Im just sayin. Can come in handy when out if town .

Top Bottom