New transmission installed

KeroJK

Hey guys, a couple of weeks back I asked about transmission replacement cost, ended up getting a manufactured transmission instead of rebuilding mine because the torque converter was caked into the housing and wouldn't come out.

I have had the jeep for a couple of hundred miles now and I had a couple of questions for you guys about symptoms that I am experiencing.

A clicking noise when I press and release the brake in park (coming from the center console where the shifter is) I know its the brake lockout engaging, but it never happened before and shouldn't that not be happening anyways after a whole new transmission?)

A weird burnt fluid smell after and during operation? Nothing is leaking, just a weird smell.

A whistling noise happening when accelerating sometimes, can't quite pinpoint it. It wasn't happening right after I got it but I noticed it this morning.

A noise that I can only describe as a turbo blow off sound (ssstutututu) but a lot quieter when braking. (I swear it's not turboed)

Let me know if you have any insight about this so I can address these stupid annoyances.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom