Bay Area wayalifers help needed!!!

G-mansjk

Volunteers needed!!! As most of you know Cow Mountain ohv recreation area got hit hard by the fire's last year. I just got off the phone with BLM and they have no time frame for reopening. There is still tons of reclamation work to be done in the area. I am coordinating with project managers to volunteer for cleanup duties and was hoping to get a group together. PM me if interested and I'll keep updates on the site best I can for available clean up dates. Thanks for any help guys.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

G-mansjk

I've got in contact with two managers just waiting for good weather to get to work. I'll post any day's they are opening for clean up. I kinda lied to them and told them I have a crew to get in Haha. By crew I mean myself and my minions, a couple friends and anyone else I can gather up here.

black pearl

Hooked
I've got in contact with two managers just waiting for good weather to get to work. I'll post any day's they are opening for clean up. I kinda lied to them and told them I have a crew to get in Haha. By crew I mean myself and my minions, a couple friends and anyone else I can gather up here.

Depending on the days I’m in and my father in law would probably be in also.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

G-mansjk

So big changed in plans. I can no longer work during clean up. Had a accident now I have 4 broken ribs and a punctured lung, no working in my near future. If anyone wants to try to volunteer I can get you in contact with the project managers and you can help when needed. I'll still post and day's they give me for clean up. Black pearl if you would like I can get you in touch with BLM.

G-mansjk

So I got word from project managers 17-19th of this month they will be working on brush clean up and erosion control opening at 7AM looks like meeting up at staging area near red mountain. If anyone wants to work let me know

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
So I got word from project managers 17-19th of this month they will be working on brush clean up and erosion control opening at 7AM looks like meeting up at staging area near red mountain. If anyone wants to work let me know

Well damn I’ll be camping for that one.

But I just got some info on one the following weekend as well, that I might be able to hit.

black pearl

Hooked
That's awesome!! What time frame did they tell you??? I'm so freaking bummed I can't even attempt to work now.

Hoping for a soft opening at the beginning of June, with a full open by the end of that month.
I’m now working directly with the gal that oversees the recreation part of blm. I’m putting a independent group together to go up and do more, as they probably won’t have another work weekend before opening. But she’s going to get supplies for projects we’ll be doing and unlock the park for my group.

black pearl

Hooked
A lot of progress today up at cow mountain. Park opens on Monday! IMG_5535.JPG IMG_5523.jpg IMG_5534.jpg some trails are still closed for work.

Oops didn’t mean to post the picture of old trail marker

Last edited:

G-mansjk

I'm so jealous of you... we'll have to meet up and have a heat stroke together sometime this summer. I live about 20 min from the east gate we can drink and bbq after !!!
A lot of progress today up at cow mountain. Park opens on Monday! View attachment 328263 View attachment 328264 View attachment 328265 some trails are still closed for work.

Oops didn’t mean to post the picture of old trail marker

That's right I'm a window licker, I can't spell, my grammar sucks and I learned most life skills in the army!!!! I'll help you every chance I can though Haha!!!

black pearl

Hooked
I'm so jealous of you... we'll have to meet up and have a heat stroke together sometime this summer. I live about 20 min from the east gate we can drink and bbq after !!!

That's right I'm a window licker, I can't spell, my grammar sucks and I learned most life skills in the army!!!! I'll help you every chance I can though Haha!!!

That would be awesome!!
It was great getting out onto some of the trails. Got a lot of new markers in today. Spent the second part of the day out on 7,8, and part of 9.

Top Bottom