1-ton hubs

SLO

For those of you with tons, specifically ProRock 60 or 80, do the front and rear hubs come powder coated? I got the Fusion axles and the rear is raw steel and the front Yukon locking hubs are raw as well (maybe treated, but still silver). They all started rusting almost immediately after the slightest amount of moisture. I have noticed that the Dynatracs I see are all black. I’m assuming they powder coat the hubs before they assemble them. Trying to decide if I disassemble and have them powder coated or just rattle can them while on.

Benito

Caught the Bug
For those of you with tons, specifically ProRock 60 or 80, do the front and rear hubs come powder coated? I got the Fusion axles and the rear is raw steel and the front Yukon locking hubs are raw as well (maybe treated, but still silver). They all started rusting almost immediately after the slightest amount of moisture. I have noticed that the Dynatracs I see are all black. I’m assuming they powder coat the hubs before they assemble them. Trying to decide if I disassemble and have them powder coated or just rattle can them while on.

My rear dynaytrac hubs were painted, but they started to peel, I’ll probably just paint them, they also painted the ujoints, and that hasn’t messed up yet. The hubs on mine are Warn, so they are polished or chrome not sure. There are several other machined surfaces on the knuckles that were not painted that rusted almost immediately.

Top Bottom