Control arms

Sbranham86

Anyone running the tf alpine arms? I'm looking to buy a set of arms but not sure which. I'm in between alpines, metalcloak, evo, and synergy. I mainly daily drive it but hit some trails on occasion. Really leaning towardd the alpines

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Synergy it is then. I'm liking what I read on the dual durometer bushings
No maintenance either and you can adjust them on the jeep. Evo uses Johnny joints on both ends that require grease every now and then, but really solid and durable. Can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Evo, Currie, or Core 4x4 all use Johnny Joints. I really like what Core 4x4 is offering especially at the price point. Johnny joints do require regular grease. Evo lower fronts allow you to adjust without removing the arm which is nice. But they are the most expensive.

I have run Metalcloak in the past without problems. In fact I currently have a pair of uppers on my JKU.

Synergy also allow you to adjust without removing.

Only ones I would would not run? Terraflex and Rock Krawler.

A.J.

Synergy here. I went with fixed length lowers and adjustable uppers. Simple low maintenance and fewer variables. Instructions are good on setting caster/pinion angle. Rears move the axle back 1/2" for tire clearance on pinch seam. Can't go wrong with others mentioned with the exception of RK and TF. Not a fan of RK joints or TF anything.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, it's hard to go wrong with any control arm that uses Johnny Joints. However, I too am liking the idea of the D2 bushings but they are still pretty new. If they hold up long term, they're definitely worth looking at.

With that said, it's pretty easy to go wrong with TeraFlex.

TheGrendel

i just saw that Clayton Off Road also has some new control arms that are using Dual Durometer bushings as well. that's a name we don't see as much in the JK world as we did in the TJ world for whatever reason.

Sbranham86

Synergy here. I went with fixed length lowers and adjustable uppers. Simple low maintenance and fewer variables. Instructions are good on setting caster/pinion angle. Rears move the axle back 1/2" for tire clearance on pinch seam. Can't go wrong with others mentioned with the exception of RK and TF. Not a fan of RK joints or TF anything.

That's the exact route I'm going. I'm looking to buy the front blowers tomorrow and rear uppers next. What size lift are you running? I'm on 3" plush coils but netted more then that and I have vibes at 55-60 then again at 75-80. Narrowed it down to the front. Side note, wheres the best place as of now to order the flowers? And where can I get the factory front spring isolators? Everywhere I searched are just spacers for lift.

sm31

i just saw that Clayton Off Road also has some new control arms that are using Dual Durometer bushings as well. that's a name we don't see as much in the JK world as we did in the TJ world for whatever reason.

I'll be installing Clayton arms with the new "GIIRO" joint bushings on my JKUR Saturday (uppers only). I'll try to take a few pics and post my impressions. Also scored a set of the new Pro Comp Trilogy beadlocks, which I'll do a review on as well.

I have a penchant for weird new things... ;)

TheGrendel

I'll be installing Clayton arms with the new "GIIRO" joint bushings on my JKUR Saturday (uppers only). I'll try to take a few pics and post my impressions. Also scored a set of the new Pro Comp Trilogy beadlocks, which I'll do a review on as well.

I have a penchant for weird new things... ;)

Nice. Looking forward to what you think.

A.J.

That's the exact route I'm going. I'm looking to buy the front blowers tomorrow and rear uppers next. What size lift are you running? I'm on 3" plush coils but netted more then that and I have vibes at 55-60 then again at 75-80. Narrowed it down to the front. Side note, wheres the best place as of now to order the flowers? And where can I get the factory front spring isolators? Everywhere I searched are just spacers for lift.

4" plush rides on mine. I ran with just front lowers for a long time. It was a little flighty but with 3" springs you should be just right. Really no need for the rears with 3" springs on a 4 door. You can get them through Exodus or pretty much any vendor you use regularly. Around $225.00 most places.

Sbranham86

4" plush rides on mine. I ran with just front lowers for a long time. It was a little flighty but with 3" springs you should be just right. Really no need for the rears with 3" springs on a 4 door. You can get them through Exodus or pretty much any vendor you use regularly. Around $225.00 most places.

I just placed my order for the fixed lowers. $207 shipped. Woot woot

sm31

Nice. Looking forward to what you think.

Well... now this is strange. These arms were advertised to have the GIIRO joints but I unboxed them this afternoon they sure look like Johnny Joints to me. Am I missing something?

I'm not worried about it enough to change my plans. Johnny Joints are just fine!

Edit: As you can see from the photo, Jaeger is more concerned than I am.

Attachments

• 20190329_100530.jpg
    20190329_100530.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 132
Top Bottom