Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WRITE-UP : WAYALIFE ACM - Jeep JL Wrangler Under the Hood ARB Air Compressor Mount

Fresh Catch

Wiring

IF I am only using the ARB as a compressor, what does the wiring hookup look like? I take it I don't need to hook to two AUX switches? You never explained the AUX 2 connection usage.

Thanks

Fresh Catch

wirng

Quote Originally Posted by ImpactDoc View Post
    Three tips: 1)The main wire harness actually doubles back on itself to the battery, the thin black wire, Eddie looks to have crimped together with the main black and white wire. I put them on separate crimp connectors.

2) Make sure the mount is a good 2cm or so away from the frame (Eddie gave me that tip) as rough driving will flex the frame and body slightly.

3) Also if you are relatively slender or have long arms you can leave the fender and wheel on which I did. You just need to remove the inner fender liner.

All in all if I didn’t have my kids interrupting me during the wiring portion it takes a total of 1.5 hrs for an amateur to install, if you have all tools parts needed. You will need a crimper or vise grips (to crimp the electrical connectors) at least and electrical tape and Teflon tape. The crimper I bought was garbage and mangled a few connectors which made me to go Home Depot to get more and I just used vise grips to crimp.
    Can you show a diagram on how you wired please?

Fresh Catch

Relay and wiring

Since I am only using this as a compressor, where does the relay mount and what wires are used to connect to the AUX?

Thanks

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    If I thought I could get a dual in this spot, I would have tried harder to make it happen. Getting the single to work was hard enough.
    Could you elaborate on single vs twin in this space? Did you take measurements or what stood out as likely deal breakers? Maybe the twin is just that much larger or maybe it wouldn't leave any room to fasten the mount?

Quote Originally Posted by weslee3 View Post
    Could you elaborate on single vs twin in this space? Did you take measurements or what stood out as likely deal breakers? Maybe the twin is just that much larger or maybe it wouldn't leave any room to fasten the mount?
    Umm, the twin is a much bigger compressor and there's no way you could mount it up the way I have the single mounted to the firewall. Not say there isn't a way to make it work in this space but it would require a different mounting system.

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weslee3 View Post
    I have seen the twin mounted in a similar fashion with a custom bracket but I’d be cautious of how close the twin gets to the CAT on that side. The single likely stays far enough away from it that it isn’t an issue but the twin has a much larger footprint.

Well I finally installed my ACM mount and compressor! It works great! Thanks for this mount I really didn’t want it inside the Jeep. I guess I was also too excited to take a picture of it wired.

IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by smmiliotti View Post
    Well I finally installed my ACM mount and compressor! It works great! Thanks for this mount I really didn’t want it inside the Jeep. I guess I was also too excited to take a picture of it wired.

Looks good. I think this is my next mod. Did you wire it to the ARB switch or did you use the OEM Aux switches?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looks good. I think this is my next mod. Did you wire it to the ARB switch or did you use the OEM Aux switches?
    I wired it to the OEM Aux switches. It was very easy once I figured out what each wire was for.

Will it work with inner liners?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast