Ravalco Anti Theft Device

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Wondering if anyone on here has the Ravalco anti theft device installed. Our local club found out about it and it looks interesting. Have had a few rigs stolen here in Southern Arizona lately.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I looked into them but don’t have any experience. Their claim that can’t be stolen is a bit far fetched. That is to say there have been zero stolen because of the device being defeated. When it comes to jeeps, locally at least, they’re being put in/on trailers not started and driven, especially newer jeeps with immobilizer. Nothing you can do about that unless you have a gps tracking system. The ravelco appears to just interrupt circuits you decide which, that are closed when you attach the “plug.” It’s essentially Just multiple kill switches that are removable. Good way to stop theft trying to hammer a screw driver into the ignition or a quick Hotwire on older models. It’s a neat idea to have a plug that connects/ interrupts circuits but seems like a significant amount of rewiring and no tracking ability.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Put one on my Jeep 2 weeks after I bought it... Had it on my last work truck for 13 years. Plan on installing on my current work truck as well.... someone might break in... but they’ll never take my Jeep (without a flat bed or tow truck)

I’ve watched the install a couple times now... once the plug is pulled it’s impossible to hot wire... I’d rather have the Jeep stay put rather than tracking a GPS only to find all my parts Removed.

Top Bottom