Jeep doors

wjtstudios

Hooked
Sure, if you find a set on half doors from a YJ, they are a simple swap. It’s always best to hang the doors. If you set them down on the ground, especially on concrete, it chips the paint on the bottom of the door. If you have to put them in the ground, just make sure it is s padded surface

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ibeb

I use the heavy duty ladder and wheelbarrow hangers for the local hardware store to hang my JKU doors during the summer. Just mounted them to s stud in the garage, have the window rolled down, and hang the doors by the groove in the window track. The metal is tall enough that it does not put any weight on the bottoms of the window seal. You will just have to move the door left to right to find the best balance point. People try to sell these for about $40 to $50 a pair on fleabay and Amazon, but I was able to get them for less than $5/each.

Erik

Erik hanger.jpg

RCVRY

I have a 1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ with full size doors. Can I put half size factory doors on it without doing any modifications?

Direct swap as already mentioned, but why would you want to? I’ve never understood the appeal of half doors; even the aftermarket tube doors.

I’ve always preferred full doors or none. Is it for protection on the trails?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Direct swap as already mentioned, but why would you want to? I’ve never understood the appeal of half doors; even the aftermarket tube doors.

Seriously? First thing they just look awesome. That's the second and third thing too.:thumb:

wjtstudios

Hooked

I agree with seahawk, it’s all about the look. But it is easier to just pull the soft uppers and stow them than the full doors.

RCVRY

I agree with seahawk, it’s all about the look. But it is easier to just pull the soft uppers and stow them than the full doors.

I won’t argue about the look. That’s personal preference. But I see your point about pulling the soft uppers. If I were in a situation where I couldn’t pull my doors in May and leave them off until October I’d like half doors to provide part-time protection.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I use the heavy duty ladder and wheelbarrow hangers for the local hardware store to hang my JKU doors during the summer. Just mounted them to s stud in the garage, have the window rolled down, and hang the doors by the groove in the window track. The metal is tall enough that it does not put any weight on the bottoms of the window seal. You will just have to move the door left to right to find the best balance point. People try to sell these for about $40 to $50 a pair on fleabay and Amazon, but I was able to get them for less than $5/each.

Erik

Erik View attachment 324020

Looks like a nice option! I wish I would’ve stumbled across these before making my own.

IMG_8507.JPG

Seriously? First thing they just look awesome. That's the second and third thing too.:thumb:

^^ What he said! [emoji38]

Oilman

It’s just for the security of the grand kids when riding in the Jeep when I pull the hard top off and the doors. They get a little scared when the is nothing there.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I won’t argue about the look. That’s personal preference. But I see your point about pulling the soft uppers. If I were in a situation where I couldn’t pull my doors in May and leave them off until October I’d like half doors to provide part-time protection.

At least in Michigan, it’s nice when you can bag you uppers, throw them in the back and not worry about the weather if it decides to rain. I run an NX top with a best top tonneau cover on the back deck above my arb frig and built a deck on the other half. The bagged uppers rude on top that between the spare and back seat and never move. IMG_9148.jpg

Hard to see but the bagged uppers are back there in a soft door upper bag that came with them.

Top Bottom