Pro steer Balljoint Grease

ColeHanlon

Just wondering if there is a certain type of grease I should be using for my Dynatrac Balljoints. I mostly just use two greases a heavy duty grease for greasing hinges, and joints. I also just use RCV grease on my shafts. Not sure what I should be using on the balljoints.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just wondering if there is a certain type of grease I should be using for my Dynatrac Balljoints. I mostly just use two greases a heavy duty grease for greasing hinges, and joints. I also just use RCV grease on my shafts. Not sure what I should be using on the balljoints.

I use a heavy duty grease on mine

GI-HH

HI,

I washed the underbody of my Jeep last weekend after an awesome Jeep Event in the middle of France and thought it might be a good idea to grease the Dynatrac balljoints.
I attached the needle to the bottom and pressed the grease gun..apparantly i greased too much because the grease started to come out at the bottom of the balljoint. I stopped immediately pressing more grease in of course..

My question: Did i break anything now and do i need to replace them?

Thanks

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
HI,

I washed the underbody of my Jeep last weekend after an awesome Jeep Event in the middle of France and thought it might be a good idea to grease the Dynatrac balljoints.
I attached the needle to the bottom and pressed the grease gun..apparantly i greased too much because the grease started to come out at the bottom of the balljoint. I stopped immediately pressing more grease in of course..

Thanks

Yes .. definitely need to replace them. I'll take them off your hands for cheap :)

GI-HH

Yes .. definitely need to replace them. I'll take them off your hands for cheap :)

Thanks 😁
I know i have this Syndrom when it comes to my Jeep (i forgot the name of it..saw it in some forum..funny) i need cure i know but i am so in love with my Jeep so i am always over worried..

WJCO

Meme King
HI,

Thanks

As long as a boot didn't break, you're fine. Even if a boot did break, the joint is still fine, it just might wear out faster if dust/dirt makes its way in.

GI-HH

As long as a boot didn't break, you're fine. Even if a boot did break, the joint is still fine, it just might wear out faster if dust/dirt makes its way in.

Thanks. Not sur where / what the boot on a dynatrac ballsjoint is (looks so different than others) but i guess thats what happened at the bottom..well..happens..

Thanks again..

GI-HH

Here two pics of the seal.. seal is blown as you said..next time I will know better

Attachments

• 20190504_110608.jpg
    20190504_110608.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190504_110412.jpg
    20190504_110412.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 80

WJCO

Meme King
Here two pics of the seal.. seal is blown as you said..next time I will know better

I would just run it like that until they have play or wear out. Could be years down the road. Just keep new grease in there every couple of months.

GI-HH

Or How about i cover this little hole with glue for diving suits. Not sure how that glue is called in english but i have this glue for diving suits that is waterproof and flexible..it does not brake..

Good idea or stupid?

RCVRY

Or How about i cover this little hole with glue for diving suits. Not sure how that glue is called in english but i have this glue for diving suits that is waterproof and flexible..it does not brake..

Good idea or stupid?

Glue on grease? Probably not gonna work. Just run it the way it is you’ll be okay [emoji108]

Top Bottom