Tire inflator with pressure gauge? (like the one in Eddy's videos) :)

sm31

Having trouble finding a good inflator setup like Eddy uses. I really want the longer hose for safety (and for my back) but the ones I have found only have hoses about 18" long. Is that a custom setup or am I just not looking in the right places? Thanks!!!

jdofmemi

I am not sure what Eddie has, but here is what I did.

First pic is what I have used for years that came with my Power Tank.

It works good, but I was tired of holding the handle, plus the hose was not long enough to stand, and my knees don't like to crouch down for long.

Second pic is what I made up. It is mostly Harbor Freight with a good gauge from Amazon. I did several versions of this before I got to what I am mostly happy with. All told, I have just under $30 in it.

The first one I made had a longer hose, and it was too long. I also had a swivel fitting, until I found out how small the ID was and how much flow it restricted.

The current version has a 3' hose, clip on straight air chuck, and two ball valves on a tee. I tried it with just one valve, but the gauge was not happy with the 200 psi from the Power Tank.

This set up will rest on the tire, and stay there, while you stand and check air. You have to close the supply and open the gauge valve to check, but that is super easy to do.

I used a quality 0-60 psi gauge, so it is easy to read. My first one I used a liquid filled gauge. I don't recommend that, it leaks the liquid out. I think I blew a seal when I used it with the Power Tank, before I added the second valve.

In the close up, you can see how it goes together.

Bonus is it also works as a handy deflater.

Attachments

• IMG_20190329_101833-756x1008.jpg
    IMG_20190329_101833-756x1008.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20190329_101635-756x1008.jpg
    IMG_20190329_101635-756x1008.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 194
  • MVIMG_20190329_102535-756x1008.jpg
    MVIMG_20190329_102535-756x1008.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 189

sm31

That's a nice little set up, Jerry! I may have to steal your design.😎

Same here!!! That is fantastic!!!

I was airing up beadlocks I had just mounted yesterday... Had my ear and eye protection on but I guess I felt a little of what the bomb disposal guys must feel as I sat there virtually hugging the tire to hold the inflator in place. :whew: Not fun at all...

jdofmemi

That's a nice little set up, Jerry! I may have to steal your design.😎

Thanks, and no need to steal it, I will gladly share😉

Same here!!! That is fantastic!!!

I was airing up beadlocks I had just mounted yesterday... Had my ear and eye protection on but I guess I felt a little of what the bomb disposal guys must feel as I sat there virtually hugging the tire to hold the inflator in place. :whew: Not fun at all...

I know what you mean. I finished this in time for mounting my new tires on the beadlocks.

I aired them enough to seat the bead with my Power Tank, then finished them with my little puff puff compressor, since my tank was nearly empty.

I was able to just let it run, and stay far enough away to not have to think twice about it.

RCVRY

I’ve got a Jaco Flowpro digital and really like it. It screws onto the valve stem so I don’t have to hold it, and the large light up display is easy to see.
The hose isn’t real long but I can stand while airing up/down.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO

This PowerTank inflator is by far the best I have used. They have digital and analog and this particular one has a 6’ hose. I have a drawer full inflators - ARB, Amazon, etc. This is all I use anymore. IMG_0604.JPG

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I use arb and the digital psi read out has been very accurate . Maps exactly to the TPMS by 1 psi each time and all 4 tires are precise . Issue was with the shitty stock connector which constantly leaked or had to be held while filling up . Replaced with lock on chuck and has been so much better

IMG_1876.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom