Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Engine Fire 2008 JKUR

The only vehicle I've seen that calls for flammable coolant/ antifreeze in my time wrenching is a 54 international t340 crawler that calls for kerosene or ethanol for conditions under 40 degrees... everything modern from over the road to military calls for ethylene glycol and water mix on later vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble Woodsman View Post
    This may be true in the case of military vehicles, but likely not relevant to this situation. Many military vehicles, such as those made by Oshkosh, utilize a single fluid for gear oil, engine oil, and i think coolant as well. This allows simpler maintenance in the field, but also means the coolant may be flammable. The antifreeze used in civilian jeeps is water-borne and not flammable.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    That's right I'm a window licker, I can't spell, my grammar sucks!!!!

I was a wrench for 5 years in the army and never saw anything other than modern coolant in anything besides air cooled engines like snowmobiles or atv's
    Quote Originally Posted by G-mansjk View Post
    The only vehicle I've seen that calls for flammable coolant/ antifreeze in my time wrenching is a 54 international t340 crawler that calls for kerosene or ethanol for conditions under 40 degrees... everything modern from over the road to military calls for ethylene glycol and water mix on later vehicles.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456