VIDEO : OP ED - Are 5.13 Gears Needed with 37 Inch Tires on a JL Wrangler... and MORE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I get a lot of people asking me a ton of questions on a regular basis and rather than let them get lost somewhere in cyberspace, Cindy and I decided to start answering them on our YouTube channel and in an all new series we're calling, OP ED. Essentially, we'll be creating videos where you'll get to hear exactly what I think and get my 2¢ on all sorts of topics regarding Jeeps and all based on the questions I've been getting. In this very first episode of OP ED, I'll be taking on the question of, "do I need to re-gear my JL Wrangler with 37" tires?" As an added BONUS, you'll even get to see something special, a kind of easter egg and totally unrelated to gears or tires, if you stick around to the very end. We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Andy5160

Hooked
This is sooo coool guys. Great gears explanation and off course can’t wait to see what EVO comes up with for this Gladiator
Awesome Saturday video [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks for the insight on the gears, looking fwd to seeing how mine feels with 4.10 and 37s but good to know that it's not necessary to regear.

Very cool at the end there, looking fwd to seeing more and seeing their build!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Cool new series. OP ED. I see what you did there.

Look forward to seeing the JT on some dirt.

I know you did the Dynatrac axle, but it’d be interesting to get some pros/cons to the Dana axles Mel is using on some of his lower budget builds. Maybe a JT review on future?

Brute

Hooked
Good info...and can’t wait to see the JT out on the rocks...as well as your opinion on 5.13 on Jet Li on the rocks as well...

Mando

Great video and it revealed to me that 4.10 on 35s will be more than adequate on a JL ... now back to bed to keep dreaming.

Can't wait to see that JT build up (not to big on 40s).

Discount Tire

Love the new series you guys have put together. You always do an outstanding job of giving back to the Jeep community with all your tips.

We look forward to many more fantastic videos as your series progresses.

Nice to see our friends Mel and Cindy Wade as well. They are a blast to hang out with and do a great job out racing and building excellent parts. :rock:

trplxj

Great video, I’m having a similar issue with my WJ. I plan on redoing my track bar and mounts here soon. Hopefully that will help, and tame the bump steer as well.

Really looking forward to seeing the JT build.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Seems like the 8sp Auto really makes up for larger tires a fair bit.

I just today saw a Gladiator in person at the auto show. It's going to look ridiculously good on 40s. :thumb:

OBJLU

Great video!

I’m going to regear my 6 speed mt soon but having trouble deciding between 4.88 and 5.13. I’ll be running 37’s (just ordered). Have any of you regeared a manual? I like the idea of 5.13 but worry about the ring and pinion.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Great video. Despite many suggesting 5.13, I chose 4.88 because I value mpg and highway top speeds .. honestly like the added zip off the line but having driven the Jeep with 35s with 4.1 gearing, it was definitely tolerable

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom