Consumer Caution

Jsouder53

Hooked
My wife and I just watched a Netflix movie tonight that she heard about from a blogger she follows. The movie was called “Stink”, it’s to bring awareness of undisclosed chemicals that are in products that cause many issues to the human body. I thought I would just post this up for anyone who is interested. My wife and I decided to become more aware of what ingredients are in the products we purchase.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
My wife and I just watched a Netflix movie tonight that she heard about from a blogger she follows. The movie was called “Stink”, it’s to bring awareness of undisclosed chemicals that are in products that cause many issues to the human body. I thought I would just post this up for anyone who is interested. My wife and I decided to become more aware of what ingredients are in the products we purchase.

We just try negate all that with a generous amount of alcohol each night; cleanse the body so to speak [emoji6].

TRLJNKY

Great more ammo for my wife and daughters (Vegan) that have already been on a crusade at my house with this very same thing. I drew the line at trying to take my Crest toothpaste lol. In all seriousness though, it is pretty scary what they have been able to get away with when it comes to manufacturer of products for consumption. Ive been kicking and screaming in revolt at my house for sometime now because Im in denial (hate change) but have slowly started to adapt on certain items. I just tell my wife and daughters dont push me. Just ease me into it. Scary stuff though

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Great more ammo for my wife and daughters (Vegan) that have already been on a crusade at my house with this very same thing. I drew the line at trying to take my Crest toothpaste lol. In all seriousness though, it is pretty scary what they have been able to get away with when it comes to manufacturer of products for consumption. Ive been kicking and screaming in revolt at my house for sometime now because Im in denial (hate change) but have slowly started to adapt on certain items. I just tell my wife and daughters dont push me. Just ease me into it. Scary stuff though

We won’t go as far as vegan, I love my steaks and burgers lol I just like to make sure I stay as organic as possible. My brother in law is what kinda got us started on the organic eating and such. What super scary is that the FDA has no regulation on this stuff. The “fragrance” ingredients are a loophole for this shit!

TRLJNKY

We won’t go as far as vegan, I love my steaks and burgers lol I just like to make sure I stay as organic as possible. My brother in law is what kinda got us started on the organic eating and such. What super scary is that the FDA has no regulation on this stuff. The “fragrance” ingredients are a loophole for this shit!
Yeah I have reduced my consumption of meats but not entirely. When we go out I get what I want. If that show was an eye opener you should see What the Health on Netflix. Its an eye opener about animals and factory farming.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yeah I have reduced my consumption of meats but not entirely. When we go out I get what I want. If that show was an eye opener you should see What the Health on Netflix. Its an eye opener about animals and factory farming.

I haven’t seen that one, but I have seen Food Inc and that was an eye opener.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

That’s great to hear that you’re making it a point to be aware of what’s in your food. So many people just want to yell fake news when you broach that subject.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

That’s great to hear that you’re making it a point to be aware of what’s in your food. So many people just want to yell fake news when you broach that subject.

As Jsouder53 was pointing out its not just food but the products we use everyday. Im living in a house full of organic product using vegans. Hell my oldest daughter who still lives here just got her Holistic Nutritionalist certification and has her own lil business going. I still love my guns, bacon, steak, and Jeep lol I just eat it a lot less and dont have it in the house. As far as the products go, we are all organic here. Somethings I refuse to give up on like toothpaste and my dawn soap but for the most part Ive caved in to the rest of the organic hype. The cleaners in the house we use, laundry soap, shampoos, etc etc

As you can imagine, we have had some heated discussions in my house. Its generally when I feel forced into something Im not ready for yet. Deep down I know their right but Im just old school in thought. As I slowly get used to it (on my own terms) Im more open to it in small increments.

Big thing is just awareness as Jsouder was pointing out. From there people can make their own decisions. Thats what I tell my family. Dont force it down peoples throats. Let them come ask you when they are ready.

I was pissed when they did this to me two years ago. They seemed self righteous and were critiqinh me on everything I used and ate. They wisened up now and learned thats not a good approach 👍

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I haven’t seen that one, but I have seen Food Inc and that was an eye opener.

Those shows highlight the bad farmers. They are all driven by animal rights groups. Same as that movie blackfish. That is not real life for 99.9% of companies. I have personally toured slaughter facilities and slaughtered and processed a host of animals and those shows are not what happens.

Not to mention, it is food. It is not a pet. People get too emotional on shit like that.

TRLJNKY

Those shows highlight the bad farmers. They are all driven by animal rights groups. Same as that movie blackfish. That is not real life for 99.9% of companies. I have personally toured slaughter facilities and slaughtered and processed a host of animals and those shows are not what happens.

Not to mention, it is food. It is not a pet. People get too emotional on shit like that.

I sure hope you are right. I havnt done much research myself. You would have fun at my house Overlander lol. I would love to see the arguments. I tried but gave up. As for me? When I do get meat I just try to get grass fed free range. Spendy but I dont eat meat every day. Thats my way of doing my part I guess. Damn sure not giving up meat entirely.

Last edited:

TRLJNKY

I sure hope you are right. I havnt done much research myself. You would have fun at my house Overlander lol. I would love to see the arguments. I tried but gave up. As for me? When I do get meat I just try to get grass fed free range. Spendy but I dont eat meat every day. Thats my way of doing my part I guess. Damn sure not giving up meat entirely.

Oops tried to edit last post. Said I dont eat everyday meant eat meat lol

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I sure hope you are right. I havnt done much research myself. You would have fun at my house Overlander lol. I would love to see the arguments. I tried but gave up. As for me? When I do get meat I just try to get grass fed free range. Spendy but I dont eat every day. Thats my way of doing my part I guess. Damn sure not giving up meat entirely.

My argument is always, how is a vegetable any different than an animal raised for harvest? They are not. A cow, pig, goat, duck or chicken raised for meat is just that, food. It is not a pet. It’s the same thing as a tomato plant and a house plant. You don’t eat your house plant but you eat a tomato right?

Not calling you out either. Lastly rhetorical questions for the discussions. I know you’re not a vegan.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Missed the grass fed part. There is definitely something to be said about free range grass fed and the quality but it just isn’t feasible for the masses. There is not nearly enough room to have that. Usually I don’t waste the money on it and just buy a quality meat from a good farm. If I make tartare or something I’ll buy grass fed because I think it’s better for that.

TRLJNKY

My argument is always, how is a vegetable any different than an animal raised for harvest? They are not. A cow, pig, goat, duck or chicken raised for meat is just that, food. It is not a pet. It’s the same thing as a tomato plant and a house plant. You don’t eat your house plant but you eat a tomato right?

Not calling you out either. Lastly rhetorical questions for the discussions. I know you’re not a vegan.

I personally see your point. Tried using the bellpepper screaming when it was cut in half meme on the family but it didnt go over well. I dont have the same argument clout as you do. I generaly just go out in the garage or turn on the tv when they get bickering about this stuff most of the time. I get ganged up on

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I personally see your point. Tried using the bellpepper screaming when it was cut in half meme on the family but it didnt go over well. I dont have the same argument clout as you do. I generaly just go out in the garage or turn on the tv when they get bickering about this stuff most of the time. I get ganged up on

Sometimes it’s better to pick and choose your battles. Lol

danford.lau

Caught the Bug

Isn’t the argument about the inhumane way the animals are treated as they are raised and during slaughter ? Not sure how a tomato compares .

If you have a pet, sure you can relate to how it feels pain and has emotional intelligence .

Your house plant probably isn’t feeling pain when you don’t water it enough .

I eat as much meat as the next person but let’s not confound arguments

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Isn’t the argument about the inhumane way the animals are treated as they are raised and during slaughter ? Not sure how a tomato compares .

If you have a pet, sure you can relate to how it feels pain and has emotional intelligence .

Your house plant probably isn’t feeling pain when you don’t water it enough .

I eat as much meat as the next person but let’s not confound arguments

Is a plant a living thing or not?

Jsouder53

Hooked
Somethings I refuse to give up on like toothpaste and my dawn soap but for the most part Ive caved in to the rest of the organic hype. The cleaners in the house we use, laundry soap, shampoos, etc etc

That’s kind of where we are going to start today, cleaning out the cleaning supplies...

Take your wife and kid to a freshly disked field or after a corn harvester goes through. The carnage is gnarly with big agricultural. You can’t escape animal death regardless of diet choice.

Top Bottom