Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JKUR Needs a New Home

Oh man, good luck with sale, certainly understand why. Heck of a Jeep and a great buy for someone. Looking fwd to seeing the JL get built!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Knot in my throat thinking about both my kids possibly behind the wheel.
    Yeah.. I'm with you... scary shit... My kid (10) can't even keep his shoe tied and he's going to be operating a vehicle in 5 years.. But my plan is to give him my JKUR (if he deserves it) and he is going wheeling with me whether he likes it or not! lol

Sad to see it go I'm sure, but the JL is a great place holder. You will make many more memories with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Got news for you, the insurance for a 16 year old boy is insane no matter what they drive. Of our three vehicles at the time, the Jeep was the LEAST expensive.

Believe me, I get shit for giving my son a semi-built Jeep for his first ride. Iíll tell you what though, he is the only one of his friends who is proud of his vehicle, takes care of it, and hasnít gotten a ticket being an asshat. (Knocks on wood)
    My 17yo step son drives my jeep regularly. He does take pride in it, but won't stay out of the damn mud...haha. Unfortunately he got his first ticket two weeks ago for the license plate being slightly obscured. The CHP said he couldn't clearly see the last digit due to my tire carrier latch. He didn't write the tinted windows, no mud flaps which he pointed out. Those are fix-it items. Instead writes the ticket which had a fine. He didn't even point out the missing front plate. I will cover the fine because it wasn't his fault. I may fight it considering you can see it clearly from the majority of the angles. We'll see. I think the cop used it as PC for the stop hoping to get a bigger issue.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Got news for you, the insurance for a 16 year old boy is insane no matter what they drive. Of our three vehicles at the time, the Jeep was the LEAST expensive.

Believe me, I get shit for giving my son a semi-built Jeep for his first ride. Iíll tell you what though, he is the only one of his friends who is proud of his vehicle, takes care of it, and hasnít gotten a ticket being an asshat. (Knocks on wood)
    Dude. I hear you on the insurance.

Iíd have to unbuild this one to get it to something he would half enjoy. If he or my daughter were begging me to keep it, Iíd reconsider.

Getting rid of it isnít easy. Someone else is going to get far more enjoyment out of it.

And Iíll be able to get my daughter into her Jeep she really wants.

Got a Trek Top or a soft top you are looking to get rid of?
    I only have the premium top thatís on it. Sold the hard top little over a year ago.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Oh man, good luck with sale, certainly understand why. Heck of a Jeep and a great buy for someone. Looking fwd to seeing the JL get built!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It will be easier to drop coin on the JL when the JK isnt staring me in the face every day just sitting there.

And there are few mild built JLs rolling around town now. So mine rolling stock is giving me the itch. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Yeah.. I'm with you... scary shit... My kid (10) can't even keep his shoe tied and he's going to be operating a vehicle in 5 years.. But my plan is to give him my JKUR (if he deserves it) and he is going wheeling with me whether he likes it or not! lol
    My daughter wants a Jeep for sure. It may not be a Wrangler, but it will be something we can still hit dirt in. And Iím looking forward to that day.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Sad to see it go I'm sure, but the JL is a great place holder. You will make many more memories with that.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thatís the plan. Just turning the page, not closing the book. It does have a sad element, wonít lie. My daughter told me tonight ďthat will always our first Jeep.Ē
    The Evolution of ENVY

JKUR Needs a New Home

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Dude. I hear you on the insurance.

Iíd have to unbuild this one to get it to something he would half enjoy. If he or my daughter were begging me to keep it, Iíd reconsider.
    My son is already asking how much it would cost for him to move to 37ís or 40ís.

Drive up here for the weekend and we will do a big swap party. My son will end up on 37ís with an Enforcer and you will have a 2.75Ē lift with 35ís. Iíll pay you $1k for the swap and do the work...and we can drink some 🥃🥃. You can keep your Jeep and your son will love it. Thatís a win/win.

Edit: oh, and my insurance almost tripled. Canít wait to insure another boy in 1.5 years.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 04-01-2019 at 04:31 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

My son is already asking how much it would cost for him to move to 37ís or 40ís.

Drive up here for the weekend and we will do a big swap party. My son will end up on 37ís with an Enforcer and you will have a 2.75Ē lift with 35ís. Iíll pay you $1k for the swap and do the work...and we can drink some 🥃🥃. You can keep your Jeep and your son will love it. Thatís a win/win.

Edit: oh, and my insurance almost tripled. Canít wait to insure another boy in 1.5 years.
    Fortunately ours didn't triple. It did go up by about 50% though. Ironically it was the cheapest to list the Jeep as his primary vehicle to get the lowest rate...haha.

You are not helping make this easier. Lol. For the moment, Iíll stick with plan A.

I have twins. In high school. That bandaid is going to hurt like mofo when cars and insurance hit the budget.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Man I wish I could get it

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    Man I wish I could get it

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It looks like a great deal. I think you should jump on it. Iím seriously contemplating it, but Iíd want to take my back to stock and sell it before moving on anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast