Trans America Trail

kep01

Well it’s that time of year once again for my annual trans America trail. Every year I take a week or two and explore the trans America trail. This year will kick off in Trinidad Colorado. Plan is to take two weeks and enjoy some off road camping and exploring. Each year I have had anywhere from 10 vehicles to 4 on the trip. I generally start inviting around March and we head out in June. This year we will be meeting on June 9th and plan on spending 2 weeks running the trail. This is an open invitation, the more the better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kep01

3 weeks away from 2 weeks of exploring Colorado and Utah and anything else we have time for. As of now there will be only 3 Jeeps. However it would be great to meet up with more!

kep01

I just got a weather update from a guy in Colorado and it seems that a lot of the trails are closed due to snow and probably won’t open for a couple months. Can anyone confirm this? And if so does anyone think Moab will be doable instead?

bigcale

Caught the Bug
I just got a weather update from a guy in Colorado and it seems that a lot of the trails are closed due to snow and probably won’t open for a couple months. Can anyone confirm this? And if so does anyone think Moab will be doable instead?

Not sure what trails you are trying to run but most of the higher altitude trails don't open till early July out there.
Check here, the site is user updated but they have the relevant contact info for the trails as well:
http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

As for Moab, that is pretty much open year round. Might be a little warm in mid June but not outrageous.

WJCO

Meme King
I have a feeling that our trails here will open later than usual this year. Hell, we just got another snow storm yesterday.

Brute

Hooked
I have a feeling that our trails here will open later than usual this year. Hell, we just got another snow storm yesterday.

Mainland weather is crazy...tornadoes, floods, snowstorms; I’m glad we only have to worry about volcanic eruptions and tsunamis...

kep01

Not sure what trails you are trying to run but most of the higher altitude trails don't open till early July out there.
Check here, the site is user updated but they have the relevant contact info for the trails as well:
http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

As for Moab, that is pretty much open year round. Might be a little warm in mid June but not outrageous.

Thanks for the info, looks like I need to sit down with a map and do some homework on lower routes just in case. Oh well should still be fun camping with the kids either way!

kep01

Looks like I may bypass Colorado this time around and go straight to Moab. Will probably spend a few days there wheeling and exploring. If anyone wants to do a Moab run let me know. I should be there by June 9th or at the latest the 10th.

Top Bottom