Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans America Trail

Trans America Trail

Well it’s that time of year once again for my annual trans America trail. Every year I take a week or two and explore the trans America trail. This year will kick off in Trinidad Colorado. Plan is to take two weeks and enjoy some off road camping and exploring. Each year I have had anywhere from 10 vehicles to 4 on the trip. I generally start inviting around March and we head out in June. This year we will be meeting on June 9th and plan on spending 2 weeks running the trail. This is an open invitation, the more the better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The trail runs through telluride and ouray should be some good places to visit. Hopefully we make to Moab As well while there.

3 weeks away from 2 weeks of exploring Colorado and Utah and anything else we have time for. As of now there will be only 3 Jeeps. However it would be great to meet up with more!

Nothing but a Thing Honor2afault's Avatar
    If I didn't have a conference in San Antonio during that period I would join.
    Courtesy is given. Respect is Earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Honor2afault View Post
    If I didn't have a conference in San Antonio during that period I would join.
    If anything changes let me know. We will be out there for two weeks. Hopefully spend some time in Moab as well.

I just got a weather update from a guy in Colorado and it seems that a lot of the trails are closed due to snow and probably won’t open for a couple months. Can anyone confirm this? And if so does anyone think Moab will be doable instead?

Quote Originally Posted by kep01 View Post
    I just got a weather update from a guy in Colorado and it seems that a lot of the trails are closed due to snow and probably won’t open for a couple months. Can anyone confirm this? And if so does anyone think Moab will be doable instead?

Not sure what trails you are trying to run but most of the higher altitude trails don't open till early July out there.
    Check here, the site is user updated but they have the relevant contact info for the trails as well:
    http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

As for Moab, that is pretty much open year round. Might be a little warm in mid June but not outrageous.

I have a feeling that our trails here will open later than usual this year. Hell, we just got another snow storm yesterday.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I have a feeling that our trails here will open later than usual this year. Hell, we just got another snow storm yesterday.
    Mainland weather is crazy...tornadoes, floods, snowstorms; I’m glad we only have to worry about volcanic eruptions and tsunamis...

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    That sucks! Poor planning on my part for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast