VIDEO : FIRST DIRT - Testing Out EVO's Bone Stock Jeep GLADIATOR Sport Off-Road

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes, it really does pay to have friends in all the right places. For Mel and Lisa over at EVO Manufacturing, it'd be FCA as they were able to get their hands on a brand new Jeep JT Gladiator Sport pickup truck and ahead of just about everyone else out there. For Cindy and I, it'd be them as they invited us out to Arizona to take their Gladiator out for the very first time and of course, out in the dirt! We know it isn't much but we hope you'll still enjoy this video for what it is - a first look at a brand new and bone stock Jeep truck off-road and wheeling across the desert.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

wjtstudios

Hooked
Sweet location for that shoot, that canyon was crazy! The JT did well bone stock. They are a great looking Jeep!

Sounds like Mel has big plans for the JT. I loved his line "Evo has parts for that"

Fun as always!

Hohertz

Pretty awesome finally seeing it! Is EVO building it up for Jeep for EJS or is this their own?

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing how EVO will build it up!

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Pretty cool. Definitely looking forward to seeing what EVO has planned for this and what they are going to be making available to the public in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Pretty awesome finally seeing it! Is EVO building it up for Jeep for EJS or is this their own?

It's Mel's...don't think a concept vehicle is getting it's fender scraped before the EJS...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Cool little introduction video! I really can't wait to see what the aftermarket does with the Gladiator. SEMA should be great and so should the big overland expo.

JTLen

Thanks for the video. I'm even more interested in one now. Hopefully I can hold out and let the bugs get sorted out before I buy one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet location for that shoot, that canyon was crazy! The JT did well bone stock. They are a great looking Jeep!

Sounds like Mel has big plans for the JT. I loved his line "Evo has parts for that"

Fun as always!

LOL - Glad you enjoyed the video and yes, he's got a fun backyard :)

They are building this one for themselves but it will be at EJS all prettied up :)

Pretty cool. Definitely looking forward to seeing what EVO has planned for this and what they are going to be making available to the public in the future.

Me too!! Hoping to add some of their stuff to our JT as soon as we get ours :)

Awesome...I can't wait to see it firsthand at EJS...

Lucky for you, that will happen every soon :)

Discount Tire

It was awesome seeing you guys out in the deserts in Arizona. Loved the narrow canyon. Looked like the truck did awesome being in stock form. It will be fun to see it when Mel gets done with the build.

Wish I would have net you on the trail. I did 110 miles yesterday in the beautiful deserts in AZ as well. It is beautiful right now.

Thank you for taking us for a ride with you. :2thumbsup:

AJBonomo

Just before he commented that they're going to get it ready for Moab with 40's, I was just thinking that I'd love to put 40's and a 5 inch lift on it.

I can also imagine turning it into an overland by putting something over the bed that could work like an expanding camper - park it at a camp site, or wherever, drop the tailgate, have a camper setup that goes back and out, and up... I can imagine it - I can see myself sinking $100k into everything from the lift and axles and suspension and tires, and bumpers, fenders, winch, and then going all the way to having a custom built camper type of setup on the back, but something that folds down into the box so it doesn't get in the way while off-roading..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that looked great out there. Makes me want one. Thanks for sharing

They are pretty cool :)

It was awesome seeing you guys out in the deserts in Arizona. Loved the narrow canyon. Looked like the truck did awesome being in stock form. It will be fun to see it when Mel gets done with the build.

Wish I would have net you on the trail. I did 110 miles yesterday in the beautiful deserts in AZ as well. It is beautiful right now.

Thank you for taking us for a ride with you. :2thumbsup:

Thanks, it really couldn't be any nicer than it is right now out in Arizona. :thumb:

Looks like fun! Sure would love to have one. Can’t want to see the build!

Thanks! They really are a lot of fun. Build should be done before Moab :yup:

Man you guys got that done quick. Very cool to see the gladiator in action. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

No lie, we've been working off of 3-4 hours of sleep for the last 3-4 days :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All I can say is DROOOOOOL!!!
That is gonna be a rad build...

Seriously! We just spent some time stripping it down and I'm already impressed :crazyeyes:

Just before he commented that they're going to get it ready for Moab with 40's, I was just thinking that I'd love to put 40's and a 5 inch lift on it.

I can also imagine turning it into an overland by putting something over the bed that could work like an expanding camper - park it at a camp site, or wherever, drop the tailgate, have a camper setup that goes back and out, and up... I can imagine it - I can see myself sinking $100k into everything from the lift and axles and suspension and tires, and bumpers, fenders, winch, and then going all the way to having a custom built camper type of setup on the back, but something that folds down into the box so it doesn't get in the way while off-roading..

Actually, I think you're gonna like what you see when all is said and done.

Great video
Thank you for taking us with you guys [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
EJS is two weeks out let’s kill some tacos [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Leave it to Mel to give a brand new rig some battle scars! Excited to see how she turns out. Real question is, when are you guys pulling the trigger on yours and, what color? Sticking with white or changing it up a bit?

Top Bottom